Placement Call Volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
13 people are interested
"We put people to work"
The Goodwill Volunteer Program supports the mission by:
- Providing the community with opportunities to become part of our mission and serve as ambassadors.
- Matching skills-based volunteers to opportunities within the agency.
- Bringing in individuals who can provide fresh insight and ideas to Goodwill staff and the individuals we serve.
- Providing staff with experienced professionals who enable Goodwill teams to focus on delivering services and business operations.
Major Responsibilities: Make telephone calls to Career Center job seekers in order to document employment details and to discuss the participant’s progress in his/her employment search. Calls will include the following tasks :
- Document the job seeker’s employment search by completing a call log
- Note the participant’s registration form if employment has been secured
- If employment has not been obtained, invite job seeker to upcoming job fairs, to utilize the career center resources, and/or to an upcoming job readiness training
- Inform supervisor of trends in customer calls
Qualifications: Relate well to people, have a pleasant telephone voice, ability to listen, read and write and the ability to comprehend oral and written instructions.
Training: Orientation and as needed by site staff Time: Flexible (2-hour minimum per week)
About Goodwill of North Georgia
2201 Lawrenceville Highway, Decatur, GA 30033, US
The mission of Goodwill of North Georgia is to put people to work.
When you shop and when you donate you support our mission to put people to work. We use your donated goods to help generate funding for our job training programs and employment programs. Last year, we provided services to more than 60,000 people and helped more than 20,000 people to find jobs or start new business.
When you give to Goodwill or shop in our stores, you are helping people who lack education or work experience, those who have disabilities, youth, veterans and others who may be having a hard time finding employment. Together, we put people to work.
We'll work with your schedule.
2201 Lawrenceville HwyDecatur, GA 30033
- Reading / Writing
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Can do a one time 3-8 hour day or Multi-Day