Placement Call Volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
7 people are interested
"We put people to work"
The Goodwill Volunteer Program supports the mission by:
- Providing the community with opportunities to become part of our mission and serve as ambassadors.
- Matching skills-based volunteers to opportunities within the agency.
- Bringing in individuals who can provide fresh insight and ideas to Goodwill staff and the individuals we serve.
- Providing staff with experienced professionals who enable Goodwill teams to focus on delivering services and business operations.
Major Responsibilities: Make telephone calls to Career Center job seekers in order to document employment details and to discuss the participant’s progress in his/her employment search. Calls will include the following tasks :
- Document the job seeker’s employment search by completing a call log
- Note the participant’s registration form if employment has been secured
- If employment has not been obtained, invite job seeker to upcoming job fairs, to utilize the career center resources, and/or to an upcoming job readiness training
- Inform supervisor of trends in customer calls
Qualifications: Relate well to people, have a pleasant telephone voice, ability to listen, read and write and the ability to comprehend oral and written instructions.
Training: Orientation and as needed by site staff Time: Flexible (2-hour minimum per week)
We'll work with your schedule.
2201 Lawrenceville HwyDecatur, GA 30033
- Reading / Writing
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Can do a one time 3-8 hour day or Multi-Day