Courtyard Social Media Volunteer
6 people are interested
Role Summary & Anticipated Outcome
Located in Hinsdale, IL, The Courtyard was founded in 1991 by a group of close friends whose lives had been affected by cancer. Combining their love of interior design with a desire to help others, this dedicated group of volunteers created a place to purchase previously-owned, high-quality furniture and home accessories. The shop is staffed almost entirely by volunteers, with proceeds from The Courtyard directly supporting Wellness House, a not-for-profit organization that provides families and individuals with the tools needed to meet the challenges of everyday life after a cancer diagnosis.
As a Social Media Volunteer, you will help us develop and maximize the impact of all our social media platforms.
* Collaborating with Courtyard management, develop, create, and execute a social media strategy and content calendar for the Courtyard
* In collaboration with Courtyard management, create social content across platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, blog
* Maintain consistent Courtyard brand and voice across all social media platforms
Staff responsibilities to Volunteers
* Provide training on Courtyard and Wellness House
* Be available for any questions or concerns
Qualifications and Skills
* Commitment to mission of Wellness House: Wellness House envisions a community where all people affected by cancer thrive. Offered at no cost, and as a complement to medical treatment, our programs educate, support and empower participants so they will improve their physical and emotional well-being.
* Experience managing social media platforms
* Interest in upscale home furnishings and interior design
* BA in Journalism, Marketing, Communication, or English preferred
* Must not have attended programs at Wellness House as a participant within the last 6 months
* Initially would require meeting with management staff to develop a plan, then ongoing 2-4 hours per week to develop and post content
* One-year commitment, (can work from home with a reliable computer)
* Developing our social outreach and voice could lead to an increase in sales to benefit Wellness House
* Volunteers will increase problem solving, communication, and organization skills. Volunteers will become a part of the volunteer community at the Courtyard.
We'll work with your schedule.
63 Village PlaceHinsdale, IL 60521
- Basic Computer Skills
- Social Media / Blogging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Background Check
- 2-4 Hours/Week