Courtyard Content Manager Volunteer
6 people are interested
Role Summary & Anticipated Outcome
Located in Hinsdale, IL, The Courtyard was founded in 1991 by a group of close friends whose lives had been affected by cancer. Combining their love of interior design with a desire to help others, this dedicated group of volunteers created a place to purchase previously-owned, high-quality furniture and home accessories. The shop is staffed almost entirely by volunteers, with proceeds from The Courtyard directly supporting Wellness House, a not-for-profit organization that provides families and individuals with the tools needed to meet the challenges of everyday life after a cancer diagnosis.
As a Content Manager Volunteer, you will help us keep our WordPress website up-to-date, organized, and accurate.
* Take pictures of new merchandise
* Upload pictures to our website
* Periodically, compare website content to physical inventory to insure accuracy
* Create content to describe each item
* Post to website
Staff responsibilities to Volunteers
* Provide training on Courtyard and Wellness House
* Be available for any questions or concerns
Qualifications and Skills
* Commitment to mission of Wellness House: Wellness House envisions a community where all people affected by cancer thrive. Offered at no cost, and as a complement to medical treatment, our programs educate, support and empower participants so they will improve their physical and emotional well-being.
* WordPress experience
* Interest in upscale home furnishings and interior design
* Must not have attended programs at Wellness House as a participant within the last 6 months
* One-year commitment, one 6-8 hour shift (or 2 3-4 hour shifts) a week on Mondays or Tuesdays (some work can be done from home with a reliable computer)
* Keeping the website updated, organized, and accurate will improve shopper experience and could lead to an increase in sales to benefit Wellness House
* Volunteers will increase problem solving, multi-tasking, and organization skills. Volunteers will become a part of the volunteer community at the Courtyard.
We'll work with your schedule.
63 Village PlaceHinsdale, IL 60521
- Basic Computer Skills
- Website Project Management
- Background Check
- 6-8 hours/week