78 people are interested
Wildlife Assistants help in the daily care of wild animals for eventual release back into the wild.
Recruiting for position limited: Jan 1 thru April 1.
- Provide care for wildlife patients including
- Diet preparation and feeding
- Cage set-up and maintenance
- Observing for and reporting signs of illness
- Maintain complete and accurate medical records
- Follow all established protocols and guidelines established by FLWC
- General facility clean-up
- Minimum age is 18
- Recruitment LIMITED to Jan 1 thru April 1.
- Must be able to commit through end of peak season in mid-October
- Position is shift based and shift length changes with the season. Between mid-April to mid-October, volunteers must commit to one of the following weekly four-hour shifts available seven days a week:
- 8am-noon, noon-4pm or 4-8pm
- Operating hours reduce during the winter, weekly shifts are 2 hours.
About Dane County Humane Society
5132 Voges Rd, Madison, WI 53718, US
To help people help animals.
Providing people an opportunity to interact and improve the lives of shelter animals.
We'll work with your schedule.
5132 Voges RdMadison, WI 53718
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Weekly 4-hour shift
- Minimum commitment May 1 thru Oct 15