It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
5132 Voges RdMadison, WI 53718
Wildlife Caretakers assist in the daily care of wild animals for eventual release back into the wild.
Recruiting for position limited: Jan 1 thru April 1.
- Provide care for wildlife patients including
- Diet preparation and feeding
- Cage set-up and maintenance
- Observing for and reporting signs of illness
- Maintain complete and accurate medical records
- Follow all established protocols and guidelines established by FLWC
- General facility clean-up
- Minimum age is 18
- Recruitment LIMITED to Jan 1 thru April 1.
- Must be able to commit through end of peak season in mid-October
- Position is shift based and shift length changes with the season. Between mid-April to mid-October, volunteers must commit to one of the following weekly four-hour shifts available seven days a week:
- 7:15 -11:30am, 11:15am-3:30pm, 3:15-7:30pm or 6:15-10:00p
- Operating hours reduce during the winter, weekly shifts are 2 hours.
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Weekly 4-hour shift
- Minimum commitment May 1 thru Oct 15
Report this opportunity