Office Volunteers Needed for Heartland Hospice
22 people are interested
Bereavement / Office Volunteer
We believe our mission is to enrich lives. That begins with every life we encounter: Our employees, our patients, and those who love and care for them, the communities in which we operate, our stakeholders and those who are yet to become our customers.
What is hospice care?
Hospice is designed to provide comfort care as well as spiritual and emotional support to people in the final phase of a terminal illness. Hospice stresses human values that go beyond the physical needs, so that each client can spend their final days in dignity and comfort.
What will you do?
You will become an important part of a support team to perform tasks such as: filing, answering phones, copying, organizing, and assisting office staff with a variety of duties to keep our office organized. Assist the Bereavement Coordinator with making calls to families that have recently lost loved ones by offering comfort, support or resources.
- Ablility to commit to a minimum of 6 months (preferred).
- Reliable transportation.
- Minimum age to volunteer is 16 (for office volunteers)
- Must have weekday availability for office volunteers
Benefits to volunteering:
- Flexible schedules
- Learn new skills
- Meet new people
- Make a difference in the lives of others
- Rewarding - Gives more than it takes
- Healthy - Long-term volunteers have longer lives, less disease and better overall health
- It's fun!
We'll work with your schedule.
2005 De La Cruz Blvd. Suite # 271Santa Clara, CA 95050
- Office Management
- Hospice Care
- Bereavement Support
- Administrative Support
- Social Work
- Must be at least 16
- 3-4 hours per week, weekdays only