Board Secretary - UN Women USA LA
5 people are interested
UN Women USA LA Chapter is accepting applications for a Secretary to join its Board of Directors. (Please note that board members serve two-year terms on a voluntary, unpaid basis.)
The Board Secretary is responsible for:
- overseeing internal communications;
- scheduling meetings of the Board of Directors;
- preparing meeting agendas and minutes;
- serving as co-chair of the Board Nominating Committee;
- performing all other duties incident to the office and such duties as may be directed by the President and the Board of Directors.
An ideal candidate will:
- have a passion for women's rights and social justice;
- have experience in the nonprofit sector/organizational management;
- be organized, detail-oriented, and personable;
- have strong writing skills and be adept in email communications;
- be based locally (i.e., in the Greater Los Angeles area) ;
- have the ability to correspond regularly via email, telephone/video chat, and occasional in-person meetings .
Time Requirement: 5-10 hours/week
If you are interested in this position, please respond directly to this posting and upload your resume. Alternatively, please email your resume to email@example.com . We look forward to hearing from you!
FOR MORE INFO/INQUIRIES:
Over the past six years, the Greater Los Angeles Chapter has been dedicated to building an inclusive community of like-minded people who endeavor to live the change they would like to see in the world. As a charitable 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, we focus on innovative engagement to spread the cause of UN Women and its message of equity and gender equality in every walk of life. To learn more about UN Women’s work around the world, as well as our role in achieving the UN’s 2030 Sustainable Development Goals, please visit the UN Women website.
About UN Women USA LA Chapter
2 Washington Ave., Santa Monica, CA 90403, US
UN Women USA LA is an independent non-profit, 501c3 organization that supports the mission of UN Women and social, political, and economic equality for women and girls around the world. Our members and supporters are men, women, and children in cities around the country who give their time and resources to support a world where women of all ages have access to education and employment opportunities, and sustainable livelihoods that enable them to live free of gender-based violence.
UN Women USA LA is a multi-community-based effort. As such, we maintain relevance to local women in the community, in a manner that is sustainable, cost effective and ecologically responsible. The Chapter strives to actualize an identifiable connection between local and global concerns put into practice by our projects, programs and advocacy efforts. This includes research, education and advocacy for underserved women and girls in support of international programs for UN Women. We endeavor to partner with private and public sectors, non-for-profit organizations and concerned individuals in order to raise awareness and support for UN Women.
We'll work with your schedule.
8611 Washington BlvdCulver City, CA 90232
- Program Management
- Executive Admin
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Group Facilitation
- Administrative Support
- 5-10 hours/week
- Must be based locally (i.e., in the Greater Los Angeles area). Monthly Board meetings in Culver City