DO, MD, Nurse Practitioner, Physician assistant
6 people are interested
What we do: Help us provide sports physicals to our Special Olympics athletes: children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Events occur year-round throughout the Jacksonville area.
Who we need: Physicians, MDs, DOs, PAs, ARNPs, Nurses, and medical students, trained on-site to provide all-day screening exams. Florida license required to head up volunteer screenings. You can still volunteer if you have a license in another state!
Benefits of Helping Special Olympics Florida MedFest (Sports Physical Exam)
- Feeling good about helping an athlete overcome the fear of visiting the doctor
- Enjoying the camaraderie of working together with a group of your fellow professionals
- Having the ability of increasing the number of patients in your practice: your practice will grow once word gets around that you work with persons with intellectual disabilities
- Receive free CEU’s for hours volunteered at Games depending on your agency, school or professional organization
We'll work with your schedule.
40 E Adams StreetSuite LL15JacksonvilleJacksonville, FL 32202
- Physician Assistant
- Patient Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Training takes 2.5 hours (does not need to be done all at once) through an online portal. No retraining necessary. After training is complete, we ask 1-2 day long events per year that are typically 5-7 hours each.
- Florida medical, nurse, etc license to be trained as Clinical Director (you can still volunteer as a day-of volunteer without a Florida medical license). Preferable to live in the Northeast Florida area.