Help out in our Computer Lab!
DONATE TO THIS
25 people are interested
The STAR Center (which stands for Special Technology Access Resource) is a free, public computer lab located in south central Seattle. We are passionate about digital equity and making computers and the Internet accessible to all regardless of income, disability, and education level. We offer training and assistance in basic computer functions and in several accessibility software for computer users who are low vision, blind, or have limited mobility.
We are looking for more volunteer lab supervisors to join our team! Are you friendly and enthusiastic about helping others? Do you have a knowledge of basic computer programs? Are you comfortable interacting with people of all different backgrounds? Are you interested in learning about software and technology available to individuals with disabilities? Apply to volunteer with us!
- Greet visitors
- Register new lab users
- Help lab users by answering questions
- Assist lab users with job applications or other related items.
- Hours are flexible. The STAR Center is open between 1 - 6 pm, Mondays to Fridays.
- Experience working with assistive software like ZoomText and JAWS a plus!
Volunteers are especially needed for evening shifts, 4pm-6pm.
- 04:00 PM to 06:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
We'll work with your schedule.
This opportunity has 1 shift
2600 South Walker StreetSeattle, WA 98144
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours a week for a minimum of 6 months.