BikePGH will be hosting the first OpenStreetsPGH of the year on Sunday, May 27th, 9am-1pm This family-friendly celebration creates a route to walk, dance, run, and play in the streets from Downtown to Uptown, and through the South Side. And Healthy Ride needs your help to get bikes on the road!
Healthy Ride, Pittsburgh’s only bike share system, is a helpful resource for people exploring OpenStreetsPGH. Because of the influx of riders on Forbes Ave, Carson Street, the 10th street bridge, and Birmingham bridge, we are seeking volunteers to help staff Healthy Ride’s 6 stations along the event route, helping customers register for the system, rent and return bicycles, and share commuting tips, all while celebrating the amazing public event that is OpenStreetsPGH.
Volunteers will arrive at their assigned station at 9:00AM and will remain at their stations until 1:00PM . Prior to the event, volunteers will be trained in basic bike operation and safety, and station locations.
- Attend a half hour pre-event training
- Register and assist new riders
- Engage participants in the benefits of bike sharing and active transportation
- Facilitate bike rental and return at street stations
- Free 1 month Healthy Ride membership
- Engaging with riders as they explore OpenStreetsPGH
- All the Fresh Air and Happiness biking can buy!
- Forbes Ave & Market Sq
- Forbes Ave & Grant St
- Stevenson St & Forbes Ave
- S 12th St & E Carson St
- S 18th St & Sidney St
- S 22nd St & E Carson St
- Outdoor Recreation
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Cross-cultural Communication
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5 hours
- We're planning to hold the pre-event training on May 25th. Let us know of schedule conflicts.