Transportation Specialist St. Paul - Hospital Deliveries
DONATE TO THIS
9 people are interested
The Red Cross will provide vehicles for all volunteers!
St. Paul Area Blood Donation Center
To transport blood and blood products throughout the region in a safe and timely manner.
- Transport blood and blood products from blood collection sites to the laboratory for processing
- Pick up and return boxes as needed
- Complete required paperwork and obtain signatures
- Communicate and share feedback between Red Cross personnel and customers
- Drive in a safe and responsible manner
Shifts are typically available 7 days a week, between 7am and 7pm, with variable shift lengths.
- Willingness to support Red Cross mission
- Customer service experience
- Valid state driver’s license - 3 years driving experience
- Familiarity with geographic area and driving routes
- Able to verify safe driving records with state or insurance
- Experience to demonstrate reliability
- Ability to lift up to 45 lbs. (for hospital deliveries)
- Successful completion of American Red Cross Defensive Driving Course (within 6 months of placement)
- American Red Cross Volunteer Orientation
- Transportation Specialist Training (orientation and defensive driving class totaling approximately 2 hours)
- On the job training (approximately 4-8 hours) OR Online training (if you chose this option, we will schedule time for a 10 minute walk through of our facilities.)
Biomedical Transportation Coordinator, Biomedical Volunteer Management Team
Length of Appointment
6 months or greater
- Gain valuable training/experience while providing an invaluable service to the community
- Validate driving experience for resume
- Opportunity to become a volunteer leader
To apply now, please visit https://www.redcross.org/local/minnesota/volunteer.html.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact Volunteer Services at MNRecruit@redcross.org or call 612-391-1923.
We'll work with your schedule.
100 S Robert StreetSt Paul, MN 55107
- Truck Driving
- Bus/Van Driving
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 shifts per month , shifts are typically 2 - 2.5 hours for 6 months (renewable).