Transportation Specialist St. Paul - Hospital Deliveries
DONATE TO THIS
10 people are interested
The Red Cross will provide vehicles for all volunteers!
St. Paul Area Blood Donation Center
To transport blood and blood products throughout the region in a safe and timely manner.
- Transport blood and blood products from blood collection sites to the laboratory for processing
- Pick up and return boxes as needed
- Complete required paperwork and obtain signatures
- Communicate and share feedback between Red Cross personnel and customers
- Drive in a safe and responsible manner
Shifts are typically available 7 days a week, between 7am and 7pm, with variable shift lengths.
- Willingness to support Red Cross mission
- Customer service experience
- Valid state driver’s license - 3 years driving experience
- Familiarity with geographic area and driving routes
- Able to verify safe driving records with state or insurance
- Experience to demonstrate reliability
- Ability to lift up to 45 lbs. (for hospital deliveries)
- Successful completion of American Red Cross Defensive Driving Course (within 6 months of placement)
- American Red Cross Volunteer Orientation
- Transportation Specialist Training (orientation and defensive driving class totaling approximately 2 hours)
- On the job training (approximately 4-8 hours) OR Online training (if you chose this option, we will schedule time for a 10 minute walk through of our facilities.)
Biomedical Transportation Coordinator, Biomedical Volunteer Management Team
Length of Appointment
6 months or greater
- Gain valuable training/experience while providing an invaluable service to the community
- Validate driving experience for resume
- Opportunity to become a volunteer leader
To apply now, please visit https://www.redcross.org/local/minnesota/volunteer.html.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact Volunteer Services at MNRecruit@redcross.org or call 612-391-1923.
We'll work with your schedule.
100 S Robert StreetSt Paul, MN 55107
- Truck Driving
- Bus/Van Driving
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 shifts per month , shifts are typically 2 - 2.5 hours for 6 months (renewable).