Americorps VISTA Marketing Associate with Excelsior Growth Fund, Albany, NY
2 people are interested
About Americorps VISTA
Americorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) is a national community service program that supports members in bringing their passion and perseverance to organizations that help eradicate poverty. As an Americorps VISTA volunteer, you will dedicate a year of service to the community, leveraging your professional skills to help create change and working alongside community members to advance local solutions.
About Excelsior Growth Fund
Excelsior Growth Fund (EGF) helps hundreds of low-income entrepreneurs annually escape poverty, foster self-sufficiency and create good jobs in low-income neighborhoods. EGF is a successful and innovative nonprofit Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) with a national reputation. EGF, a FinTech leader, leverages technology and an innovative online platform while maintaining a community focus and presence. Join EGF, a nationally recognized nonprofit lender and business advisory services provider, and lead program and outreach initiatives.
Your work will focus on helping EGF reach more rural and disadvantaged small businesses individuals via online and community-focused marketing outreach programs including online content development and distribution, as well as local partnership development and event planning.
We seek self-starting, organized, and fast-paced individuals with excellent communication, research, & interpersonal skills. Candidates should be adept in learning new systems and technology. Strong applicants will have previous experience/education in marketing (specifically online marketing and content creation) and/or a demonstrated interest in entrepreneurship to apply.
Specific volunteer duties include:
(1) Leading the development of our online financial education program by overseeing the production of article, video, and graphic tools customized for disadvantaged entrepreneurs.
(2) Creating distribution channels for online content that will reach these entrepreneurs, including email, social media, and search.
(3) Developing mail, email, and other grassroots campaigns that reach underserved entrepreneurs in EGF’s service region.
(4) Leading community-focused outreach and business education programs such as webinars and in-person training and events
(5) Working to develop partnerships throughout the Capital Region and other parts of upstate New York that will result in EGF serving more disadvantaged entrepreneurs with loans, advisory services, and training.
(6) Building a library of EGF borrower profiles to be used in EGF marketing and fundraising materials, meeting with borrowers in the field to conduct interviews and collect photos/videos.
EGF is a growing, sophisticated and award winning organization. EGF will ensure VISTA members will gain professional experience, new transferrable skills and exposure to a variety of responsibilities, while remaining committed to fighting poverty by supporting entrepreneurship.
Americorps VISTA Program Benefits
- Gain professional skills while working to address pressing social justice and economic development issues
- Modest living stipend provided
- Choice of a financial award that can be applied towards school loans or future education expenses) or a post-service cash stipend
- Healthcare benefits while in service
- Student loan forbearance or deferment while in service
- One year of noncompetitive status for a federal government job
- Access to the network of VISTA alumni (170,000 strong)
This is a full time position.
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
50 Beaver StreetAlbany, NY 12207
- Marketing Analytics
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Must be at least 18
- One year commitment