Fundraising Coordinator at a Peruvian NGO
ORGANIZATION: Otra Cosa Network
Please visit the new page to apply.
This position is a great opportunity for those who want to gain experience in fundraising and get insight into the management of an NGO. As a Fundraising Volunteer, you will provide assistance in identifying donor resources and potential financial support, raising funds by writing proposals for long-term organizational sustainability as well as applications for project funding. You will also be able to contribute with new, innovative ideas in the field of fundraising. This is a really key role because we need to be financially viable in order to ensure that OCN, our projects, and the work that we do in the communities, can continue. You will work together with our field staff management team and receive ongoing support and guidance throughout your placement whilst also learning and practising new skills.
The position is a fantastic opportunity for students undertaking a year abroad or for those seeking entry-level work experience after graduation.
For students, all volunteer positions are available as internships, which is ideal for students looking to complete a year in industry/placement abroad. In this case, you will receive an extra level of mentorship and all appropriate liaison with your academic institution to ensure compliance with internship placement requirements.
- Preparing fundraising documents and other support materials, e.g. flyers, texts for website or social media.
- Approaching existing and potential donors to incentivise them to donate for the first time or increase their donations.
- Researching new grant possibilities and writing grant applications. Maintaining and growing our donor database. maintaining donor relations.
- Overseeing the running of the monthly project fundraiser.
- Running new one-off fundraising events (previous events have included a Fun Run, a football tournament, and a music night)
- Developing a working understanding of the Data Protection Act, GDPR and the various other relevant privacy regulations.
- Gain an understanding of the tax benefits offered by the UK government to charities, e.g. Gift Aid. Pursuing efforts to maintain a positive public image, including regular event promotion.
- Preparing budgets every quarter to determine what our organisation's fundraising needs are.
What you can expect from us:
- Personal pick-up upon arriving and walking tour through Huanchaco
- A thorough introduction to the organization
- Certified Training in First Aid and Child Safeguarding.
- Weekly one-to-one meetings with a Manager
- 24/7 emergency support
- Organized activities & trips (barbeques, game nights, volunteer lunch, team building trips) with like-minded people from all over the world
- Certificate of completion detailing your role, the project(s) you participated in and the dates you volunteered in.
- Generally 20-25 hours a week, Mon-Fri
There is a lot of variety in this role, with a real mix of hands-on fundraising activities and organisational/administrative work. You will be based in the OCN office with the rest of the team, working particularly closely with our Fundraising and Programs Manager and Marketing team. You will take part in Fundraising Team Meetings to strategize and set priorities with the managers, and to decide on your task allocation for the week. Here you have a chance to contribute your own experiences or help give us new ideas on how to make our fundraising efforts as productive and innovative as possible. Most working hours will be office-based, applying for grants, building relationships with donors, and organising fundraising activities. However, there may be some unsociable hours required for the implementation of said fundraising activities, for example, trivia nights or sponsored sports events on evenings and weekends.
After work, there is plenty of time to catch one of Huanchaco’s world-famous sunsets from the tranquillity of the beach, or indeed from a surfboard. Then there are various options to fill your evening, socializing with local and other volunteers, sampling the famous Peruvian cuisine, attending talks and cultural events, music, dance, theatre, movies... the list is endless.
To make an application, please visit our website at www.otracosa.org or contact us at email@example.com for further information.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Otra Cosa Network
Las Camelias 431, Huanchaco, Non-US 130000, PE
Promote education and social development in our local communities.
Otra Cosa Network is a registered Peruvian non-profit NGO (no. 11126841) and a UK Registered Charity (no. 1133680) based in Huanchaco on the coast of Northern Peru.
Otra Cosa Network runs five of our own projects, which are all part of the Huanchaco Education and Learning Programme (HELP). HELP is dedicated to advancing the education possibilities and resources for those living in lower-income communities in and around Huanchaco. Alongside this, we support several partner organisations in the area, as well as in two remote locations in northern Peru.
Las Camelias 431HuanchacoHuanchaco, Non-US 130000Peru
August 20, 2023
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Social Media / Blogging
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum 3 months
- English Level: Advanced/Fluent Skills to research new grant/ foundation/ funding opportunities Knowledge and/or experience of fundraising in the NGO setting is desirable but not required.