Rare Genomics Institute
Contribute to your community while using your professional expertise, and work with talented peers in a rewarding, volunteer-based environment! The Rare Genomics Institute (RG) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping rare disease patients find hope for a cure.
The Copywriter will write marketing and promotional copy for print and digital media: including advertising, direct marketing, flyers and brochures, e-mails, and social media posts. This volunteer position will also write and edit feature stories, edit and review copy to meet brand standards and tone-of-voice guidelines, manage content calendar across multiple channels, and collaborate with in-house design team to develop concepts and campaigns.
- Plays a key role in content development across all media, including digital and print deliverables.
- Collaborates with graphic design team on campaign concept development
- Works closely with department and division members and coordinates deliverables with project managers.
- Presents copy to teams and internal clients for approval, negotiates changes, and corrects and revises copy until approved.
- Serves as copy editor for copy submissions from other internal departments
- Proofreads print and digital deliverables.
- BA/BS in marketing, communications, public relations or related field required.
- Experience, with relevant writing samples to demonstrate proficiency across multiple deliverables.
- Experience with developing content for social media.
- Corporate Relations Development experience
About Rare Genomics Institute
8504 Firestone Blvd., #198, Downey, CA 90241, US
At RG, we are more than just an organization. We are a community dedicated to helping rare disease patients find hope for a cure. We work alongside patients and their families, providing them with the necessary tools, knowledge, and connections so that they can better understand the cause of their disease. We believe that every patient deserves more out of life.
Rare Genomics Institute (RGI) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping rare disease
patients find a diagnosis, treatment, and pathway to a cure. Through personalized research
projects, RGI provides access to world leading medical institutions and scientists to conduct
genomic sequencing, coordinates with clinicians and counselors to interpret findings, and offers an
online crowd-funding platform to deliver financial solutions. RGI also supports rare disease
advocacy by fostering an online community of rare disease patients and supporting rare disease
research through a yearly grant competition.
Since being founded in 2011, RGI has completed over 300 genetic sequencing and analysis
projects, assisted patients fund over $3.5 million worth of genomic sequencing, discovered 8
unique genetic mutations in-house, given over $2 million dollars in grants to researchers on rare
disease, and developed an online community with over 10,000 rare disease members.
Through volunteers, RGI is able to slowly push science and health care forward to meet the needs
of patients affected by rare diseases. To learn more about RGI check out our website, like us on
Facebook, and follow us on Twitter!