Youth Day Camp Volunteer--Caldwell Branch
2 people are interested
Goal of Role
To assist staff in enriching the lives of children through day camp programming
Tasks and Activities
· Assist instructor with monitoring and guiding children during projects
· Encourage children to participate in activities
· Role Model the Y Values
· Specific duties may vary depending on the camp curriculum
14 or older
Length of commitment
Full 3 days during chosen camp is ideal, but will work with volunteer availability
☐ At volunteer’s discretion
☒ At specified times: M-F 9a-1p or 1-5p
Caldwell YMCA, Heritage Charter School (Summer)
Qualifications and skills desired
· Welcoming, energetic & caring
· Loves children and has a desire to see them develop their potential
· Experience working with children is ideal
· Familiarity with Y Values and able to communicate those to children
· Able to run, walk, sit, stand, bend, and reach for extended periods
Training and other requirements
· Must pass background and reference checks, and attend volunteer orientation prior to start date.
How to Apply:
· Visit www.ymcatvidaho.org/support-our-cause/volunteer/
· Click on "Apply to volunteer for the Y online"
· Click "Register"
· Complete and submit the application. You will be contacted by the Volunteer Coordinator once the background check is complete.
· For questions or information, please contact Amanda Schmierer at (208) 45-2498 ext. 694
We'll work with your schedule.
3720 S. Indiana Ave.Caldwell, ID 83605
- Child Development
- Child Care
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- Ideally 9a-1p or 1-5p; some flexibility