5 people are interested
#MLK Volunteer Media & Communications Manager
ORGANIZATION: DAKTARI Bush School & Wildlife Orphanage
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
DAKTARI is looking for someone who is eager to tell our story to the world, someone who loves to wordsmith, and someone with an eye for graphic design. The communications & media manager is the voice of DAKTARI and we are looking for someone excited to take on the challenge of describing our work to a big and variable audience in a fun and engaging way.
Part of your role is to tell everyone what is happening at DAKTARI every day. That means you have a front-row seat to all of the exciting things happening at the camp!
Your job will include
- Managing DAKTARI’s accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, including posting content daily
- Keeping up to date with all current marketing trends and set up campaigns accordingly
- Creating media and marketing content for DAKTARI including brochures, merchandise, photos, and videos
- You are the link between DAKTARI and the agents. Send them monthly newsletters, maintain a good relationship and keep our listings up to date
- Writing articles for newsletters and newspapers
- Maintaining DAKTARI’s brand across all promotional materials and enforcing its use throughout the organisation
- Updating and improving DAKTARI’s website
- You must be comfortable working with Mac computers
- You must be able to meet deadlines and manage your time well
- You must have strong writing skills and be able to work independently
- Previous marketing or communications experience is strongly preferred
- Experience with Adobe software is strongly preferred, specifically Photoshop, InDesign and/or Fireworks
- Experience with Wordrpress
- Photography experience and/or experience making videos is a huge plus.
3 More opportunities with DAKTARI Bush School & Wildlife Orphanage3 Reviews
About DAKTARI Bush School & Wildlife Orphanage
P.O. Box 1599, Hoedspruit 1380, Hoedspruit, Limpopo 1380, ZA
The mission of Daktari is to educate and inspire local children to value their environment and stimulate community development!
Daktari is a registered non-profit company located in the Limpopo Province, close to the town of Hoedspruit. It is a bush school where the mission is to educate and inspire local children to value their environment and stimulate community development
Every Monday we welcome a new group of 8 local underprivileged children and 1 youth for a week and give them the opportunity to discover, learn and become passionate about wildlife and conservation, their heritage.
We also supplement their school curriculum in English, maths, sciences, geography, life skills and social issues.
Our goal is to enable today’s local underprivileged children to eventually be able to secure good employment in nature reserves, thereby improving their future quality of life.
Bona Ingwe FarmsHoedspruitHoedspruit, South Africa
March 29, 2023
- People Skills
- Google Apps
- Project Management
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Market Research / Analysis
- Must be at least 18
- This is a 9-12 months volunteer opportunity.