6 people are interested
#MLK Volunteer fundraising Manager
ORGANIZATION: DAKTARI Bush School & Wildlife Orphanage
Please visit the new page to apply.
6 people are interested
To follow up on the fundraising that is currently in place, find new sponsors, establish relationship with potential sponsors, review and adapt our funding proposal and get new ideas to develop the project.
- Update our fundraising strategy and play a central role in the implementation of that strategy, together with the Management Team
- Research, identify, and engage like minded donors and investment partners leading to increased income from new funding sources
- Systematically scan the political, economic and thematic landscape related to current and potential funders, and identify changes and emerging opportunities to maximize funding revenue
- Embed an effective methodology and process flow for coordinating information and input for donor proposals from multiple sources, ensuring timely submission of quality proposals
- Provide input to PowerPoint presentations, official letters, and the production of communication materials related to partner engagement
- Ensure that the Client Relationship Management System for Donors and Partners is maintained and systematically updated
- Contribute to production of donor reports and ensure their timely delivery to funders
- Long term volunteers
- All staff
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- MS Office, Apple computer, and English proficiency
- Organizational and time management skills
- Good verbal and written communications skills
The project is based in the middle of the bush. There is no electricity in the camp but we have solar power and Internet for computers. You will live in a family atmosphere and a beautiful area. You must be able to adapt to group life and to be away from the city.
Many challenges will occur, as the days are never the same. On many occasions, you will be in contact with underprivileged children who have not the same culture as you have. You must be an understanding and adaptable person.
As mentioned above, you will work Monday until Friday, 8 hours a day, as the Fundraising manager you should be able to organize your hours flexible. Everyday Saturday, any volunteer can go to town to do shopping, enjoy a lunch in a restaurant or do an excursion. DAKTARI also proposes extra-mural trips as visiting the famous Kruger National Park, the Blyde River Canyon etc
You will be accommodated in a chalet. The accommodations are based on the project site, on a 600 hectares private game reserve. There is no electricity on the farm but we have solar power in the office and in the central camp for the need of the computers, refrigerators, lights, laundry etc.
The rooms/chalets are basic but very comfortable. We try to give as much privacy as possible to long-term volunteers but you might have to share a room with other volunteers. Your laundry is done for you and you will have Internet access at a minimal fee for your private use. The rooms have toilets and shower with hot water.
There are animal’s camps around the camp and you must be prepared to be in contact with them. There are also wild animals in the private game reserve.
About DAKTARI Bush School & Wildlife Orphanage
P.O. Box 1599, Hoedspruit 1380, Hoedspruit, Limpopo 1380, ZA
The mission of Daktari is to educate and inspire local children to value their environment and stimulate community development!
Daktari is a registered non-profit company located in the Limpopo Province, close to the town of Hoedspruit. It is a bush school where the mission is to educate and inspire local children to value their environment and stimulate community development
Every Monday we welcome a new group of 8 local underprivileged children and 1 youth for a week and give them the opportunity to discover, learn and become passionate about wildlife and conservation, their heritage.
We also supplement their school curriculum in English, maths, sciences, geography, life skills and social issues.
Our goal is to enable today’s local underprivileged children to eventually be able to secure good employment in nature reserves, thereby improving their future quality of life.
Bona Ingwe FarmsP.O. Box 1599HoedspruitHoedspruit, South Africa
December 6, 2023
- People Skills
- Donor Management
- Internet Research
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be at least 18