Facilitate an Operational Checkup for a Local Nonprofit
5 people are interested
Are you looking to contribute your skills to nonprofits in your community? Do you have a broad understanding of nonprofit administration and/or expertise in small business development? If so, look no further than becoming a Pathways consultant with 501 Commons. As a Pathways Consultant you will have the opportunity to make a fundamental difference in an organization’s ability to more effectively deliver their mission!
Pathways is a short consultative process that provides a framework for what it means to be a healthy nonprofit, tips on how an organization can "easily" move themselves up the ladder, and personalized assistance working through their more challenging issues. It is meant to help organizations take stock of where they are at and daylight a way forward.
Grounded in the Five Elements of a Healthy Nonprofit Assessment, Pathways helps organizations reflect on their own ability to:
- Exercise strong governance and oversight
- Demonstrate good management practices and a healthy organizational culture
- Secure the resources needed to carry out their missions and be accountable for management of funds
- Communicate and steward relationships with people who give them money, use what they create, help them meet their mission, and carry their message
- Deliver efficient and effective programs, services, and administrative systems
Pathways consultants work in teams of two to:
- Facilitate the self-assessment process and help an organization come to consensus on where they are in regards to each of the five elements
- Discuss easily addressed opportunities and help the organization determine priorities for additional consultation
- Refer to curated recommendations in addition to doing a little research of their own to compose tailored suggestions to help the organization move the needle in a positive way
The entire Pathways process includes a series of four meetings held over the course of 8 weeks and approximately 15 hours of service per consultant.
Apply to volunteer with 501 Commons and prepare to make a difference in your own community.
For more information about Pathways or volunteering with 501 Commons, reply to this posting.
We'll work with your schedule.
Multiple Service LocationsBellinghamBellingham, WA 98225
- Strategic Planning
- Business Planning
- Business Development
- Group Facilitation
- Professional Development
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- 15 hours over 8 weeks
- Must have daytime availability to meet with clients