Women and Families Ascending Association (WAFAA)
Our mission is to help out the community overcome issues such as: poverty, unemployment, hunger, sexual abuse, domestic violence, and other social maladies by empowering them through various social programs. We are a non-profit that aims to reduce isolation, build connections within & between families, and in the community.
WAFAA Organization is looking for passionate, motivated people to assist our non-profit organization with support in our offices and in the community.
- Assist in fundraising and event organizing
- Attend events and meetings as per director's instruction and report the proceedings
- Help in office management and record keeping
- Update and manage all social media accounts and website
- Draft emails and memos
- Assist in counseling and anger management courses
- Translate documents and oral communications (if bilingual)
- Volunteer time at food pantries
- Research grants to apply for
- Be active in relations between volunteer's schools and the organization
- Perform any other tasks assigned by director
Steps on becoming an intern or volunteer:
1. Review our website www.wafaaorganization.org (see all the services we offer)
2. Follow WAFAA on all of our social media
3. Link your Amazon account to WAFAA through Amazon Smile (see our FB page and search "amazon" if instructions/walk-through needed)
4. Send a short video introducing yourself and talking about why you want to work with us and any relevant information via email email@example.com please call 973-766-2406 after you send your email
5. Send us a resume to our email
6. Share our Go Fund me page, gofund.me/957f7a13
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and call 973-766-2406 if you are interested.
Find us at: http://www.internships.com/social-work/Intern-I1798836
About Women and Families Ascending Association (WAFAA)
www.wafaaorganization.org, Paterson/Wayne, NJ 07503, US
Our mission is to help out the community overcome issues such as: poverty, unemployment, hunger, sexual abuse, domestic violence, and other social maladies by empowering them through various social programs. We aim to reduce isolation, build connections within & between families, and in the community.
Services We Offer
- Children’s therapy.
- Crisis intervention.
- Career development:
- how to write a resume.
- where/how to find a job.
- Court assistance.
- Cultural sensitivity training.
- Educating domestic violence victims.
- Food Pantry.
- Foster parent assistance.
- Immigration paper work.
- Social service/housing/medical insurance/food stamps.
- Translation assistance.
We are non-profit.