Volunteer with the USO! Support our military and their families!
51 people are interested
- Commitment to our mission to strengthen America’s military service members by keeping them connected to family, home and country, throughout their service to the nation
- Friendly, outgoing, and kind demeanor to people of all backgrounds
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, and problem-solving skills
- A sound sense of judgment and sensitivity to handle any controversial or confidential situations
- Enthusiasm to work as a team
- Must be punctual, organized and self-motivated, with the ability to quickly and easily adapt to changing needs of USO Operations.
- Position Duties
- Greet, welcome, orient, and assist guests
- Monitor and maintain food and supplies
- Tidy and clean the center
- Answer visitor’s questions about the USO and the surrounding community
- Practice safe food handling and storage practices.
- Assist with the usage of computers, gaming equipment, telephones, or other offerings
- Help conduct events and programs in the center
- Help with special events--homecomings, holiday celebrations, Fleet Week and more
- Other duties as assigned
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About USO of Metropolitan New York, Inc.
270 Madison Avenue, Suite 1207, New York, NY 10016, US
The USO strengthens America’s military service members by keeping them connected to family, home and country, throughout their service to the nation.
For over 77 years, the USO has been the nation’s leading organization to serve the men and women in the U.S. military, and their families, throughout their time in uniform. From the moment they join, through their assignments and deployments, and as they transition back to their communities, the USO is always by their side.
Today’s USO continuously adapts to the needs of our men and women in uniform and their families, so they can focus on their very important mission. We operate USO centers at or near military installations across the United States and throughout the world, including in combat zones, and even un-staffed USO service sites in places too dangerous for anyone but combat troops to occupy.
USO airport centers throughout the country offer around-the-clock hospitality for traveling service members and their families. Our trademark USO tours bring America and its celebrities to service members who are assigned far from home, to entertain them and convey the support of the nation. And our many specialized programs offer a continuum support to service members throughout their journey of service, from the first time they don the uniform until the last time they take it off.
We'll work with your schedule.
New York Metro AreaNew YorkNew York, NY 10016
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Internet Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One four hour shift per month