32 people are interested
Volunteer Board Ambassador
Please visit the new page to apply.
32 people are interested
The location is listed as Virtual, but you must be in Silicon Valley to serve.
First Tee - Silicon Valley is searching for five (5) volunteer Board Ambassadors to join our organization Do you have a passion for golf and youth development? Joining our non-profit organization will allow you to impact the lives of youth in a unique way. Help us to actively create a space of belonging for every kid - no matter what walk of life. Our program integrates our life skills curriculum with the game of golf, we created active learning experiences that built inner strength, self- confidence and resilience, which is more important now than ever.
Fundraising is our top priority as we grow our financial aid program fo r low income youth in our community to have affordable access. First Tee - Silicon Valley’s Board Ambassadors give advice, assist with projects, represent the organization in the community and at events, help raise funds and expand FTSV’s network throughout Silicon Valley. Ambassadors actively participate on one core committee and one event committee. Ambassadors should represent the diverse interests, needs and concerns of the constituency it serves and the underserved communities that are the future of the game of golf.
Diversity embodies all the differences - life and work experiences, cultures, ethnicity, gender, age and other relevant aspects - that make us unique people and that maximize the creativity and resources to fulfill its mission.
About FUTURE TALENT OF SILICON VALLEY dba First Tee - Silicon Valley
1401 Parkmoor Ave, Suite 125, SAN JOSE, CA 95126, US
First Tee - Silicon Valley develops youth through golf. We enable kids and teens to build the strength of character that empowers them through a lifetime of new challenges. By seamlessly integrating the game of golf with a life skills curriculum, we create active learning experiences that build inner strength, self-confidence, and resilience that kids can carry to everything they do. We make our programs accessible to youth of different backgrounds and perspectives and affordable to families experiencing financial hardship.
Our programs fall into one of three categories - Classes, School and Opportunities.
- Course Program - We offer four seasons of 8-week sessions for 5-hours per week at Rancho del Pueblo GC (San Jose), Baylands Golf Links (Palo Alto), and Gavilan College Golf Course (Gilroy). All sessions are organized by grade groups 2-4, 5-6, 7-8, and 9-12 to keep peers together. We teach all of our life skills and golf skills to each grade group and help participants self-manage their development.
- School Program - We equip teachers and after-school partners to deliver our life skill and golf skill curriculum in their setting. We focus on low-income areas and Title 1 Schools and transition of students to our on-course program.
- Opportunities - We give our long-term teens special life and leadership experiences as well as scholarships to recognize outstanding achievements.
Since 2005, we have served over 89,876 kids and teens on-course, in-school, and after-school.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 25, 2023
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Business Development
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours per month
- Ambassadors must complete all steps of Volunteer onboarding including a SportEngine background check, and SafeSport Training.