3 people are interested
Help an organization assess and strengthen their foundation!
3 people are interested
Are you looking to contribute your skills to nonprofits in your community? Do you have a broad understanding of nonprofit administration and/or expertise in small business development? If so, look no further than becoming a Pathways consultant with 501 Commons. As a Pathways Consultant, you will have the opportunity to make a fundamental difference in an organization’s ability to more effectively deliver their mission!
Pathways is a short consultative process that provides a framework for what it means to be a healthy nonprofit, tips on how an organization can "easily" move themselves up the ladder, and personalized assistance working through their more challenging issues. It is meant to help organizations take stock of where they are at and daylight a way forward.
Grounded in the Five Elements of a Healthy Nonprofit Assessment, Pathways helps organizations reflect on their own ability to:
- Exercise strong governance and oversight
- Demonstrate good management practices and a healthy organizational culture
- Secure the resources needed to carry out their missions and be accountable for the management of funds
- Communicate and steward relationships with people who give them money, use what they create, help them meet their mission, and carry their message
- Deliver efficient and effective programs, services, and administrative systems
Pathways consultants work in teams of two to:
- Facilitate the self-assessment process and help an organization come to a consensus on where they are in regards to each of the five elements
- Discuss easily addressed opportunities and help the organization determine priorities for additional consultation
- Refer to curated recommendations in addition to doing a little research of their own to compose tailored suggestions to help the organization move the needle in a positive way
The entire Pathways process includes a series of four meetings held over the course of 2-3 months and approximately 25 hours of service per consultant.
Apply to volunteer with 501 Commons and prepare to make a difference in your own community. For more information about Pathways or volunteering with 501 Commons, reply to this posting.
About 501 Commons
Pacific Tower, Suite 1101, 1200 12th Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98144, US
We all rise when nonprofits thrive. 501 Commons serves nonprofits as experts, innovators, and partners. Our passion is to amplify the strengths of nonprofits--so people and communities flourish.
501 Commons was founded in 1989 as Executive Service Corps of Washington. In 2010, we changed our name to 501 Commons, reflecting a changing role and broader range of services. Most of our clients are in the Pacific Northwest, but many of our services are available to nonprofits in other geographic areas.
Our name is based on the principle of the "the commons." The commons can be characterized as having five distinct attributes:
- Free and uncoerced participation
- A shared purpose
- Jointly held resources
- A sense of mutuality
- Relationships that are characterized by justice and fairness
Our Theory of Practice describes how we approach our work and our Team Charter describes how our team of 45+ work together to serve our clients.
501 Commons is a 501(c)(3) tax-deductible, nonprofit, charitable organization and is a member of the Executive Service Corps - United States. By volunteering your time to 501 Commons, you are impacting the success of over 2,000 organizations each year. Join us!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 30, 2021
- People Skills
- Strategic Planning
- Business Planning
- Business Development
- Group Facilitation
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- Approximately 25 hours over 2-3 months