Meals On Wheels Kitchen Opportunities
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
10 people are interested
Food is essential to well-being and it's important that everyone has access to good food that is fresh and nutritious. Our Meals on Wheels Program helps older homebound adults and persons with disabilities meet their daily nutritional needs. The program delivers more than 1,000 lunches each weekday to clients in the Cedar Rapids metro area. The Meals on Wheels program is in need of the following kitchen volunteers:
- Kitchen Line: Help on the serving line, dish food into home-delivered meal trays, or run the sealing machine. Shifts available are 9 am - 11 am, Monday through Friday.
- Kitchen Prep: Preparation of cold food items needed for the following day: counting, scooping, etc. Shifts available are 7 am - 9 am, Monday through Friday.
Please contact Sandy Rosenberger at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (319) 375-3108 if you're interested!
About Horizons, A Family Service Alliance
819 5th Street SE, PO Box 667, Cedar Rapids, IA 52401, US
Instill hope, change lives, brighten futures by providing life changing services to underserved populations.
Headquartered in Cedar Rapids, Horizons provides a variety of services across East Central Iowa including Financial Health & Wellness Counseling Services, Family Outreach Programs (Family Support, The Survivors’ Program), Meals On Wheels, and Mental Health Counseling. Our Neighborhood Transportation Service also provides affordable night and weekend transportation to work, job training, and night classes when the city buses don't operate.
We'll work with your schedule.
819 5th Street SEPO Box 667Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2 Hours Per Shift
- Ability to stand for 2 hours. Teens must be accompanied by an adult.