Volunteers age 50+ needed to tutor young children in reading
55 people are interested
MAKE A DIFFERENCE. HELP YOUNG CHILDREN BECOME BETTER READERS.
Experience Corps needs volunteers, age 50+, to tutor children twice weekly (for an average of 6 hours ) from October to June in participating Hamden, New Haven and East Haven elementary schools and after-school programs. Volunteers also needed at Wintergreen Magnet's new North Haven location. We provide the training and support. You bring the love.
- East Haven’s Hagaman Library, 227 Main Street (back entrance)8/20 1pm or 9/5 at 10am;
- Hamden’s Miller Library, 2901 Dixwell Avenue, in the Friend’s Room (2 nd floor) 8/22 1pm
- Agency on Aging, 117 Washington Avenue (Washington Commons Plaza), Suite 17, North Haven on 7/31 at 10am, 8/26 10am or 9/9 at 2pm
Questions? Cannot attend a meeting? Contact Sheila by 9/27 at (203) 752-3059 x2900 or email email@example.com. For more information, visit www.aoascc.org/experiencecorps
Experience Corps - Greater New Haven is a program of the Agency on Aging of South Central Connecticut.
For information about other Agency on Aging volunteer programs, call Cherie at 203-785-8533 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
Hamden, New Haven & East Haven elementary schoolsHamden, New Haven & East Haven afterschool progsHamden, CT 06514
- Reading / Writing
- Reading Comprehension
- Relationship Building
- Literacy / Reading
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 50
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer from October to June. Tutor 2 1/2 to 3 hours per day, 2 days a week from at one chosen school or after-school program. Training is held during October.
- Must enjoy working with young children, be patient, have a high school diploma & submit to a background check including fingerprinting.