Bring Travelers Together by Hosting Community Meal at Hostel
31 people are interested
We are looking for volunteers to help cook a community meal for our international guests at HI Richmond.
Community meals are a great way to bring people together from various backgrounds and parts of the world to learn about one another.
Volunteers are responsible for cooking and serving meal, facilitating conversation between guests and cleaning up.
The benefits of volunteering with HI USA include:
- Meet new people from all over the world, including travelers, staff, and fellow volunteers
- Work to increase understanding and tolerance by helping people break down cultural barriers
- Help travelers to the community have a great travel experience
- Build skills in public speaking, foreign languages and intercultural communication
- Participate in fun appreciation events for local volunteers
- Receive personal and professional development opportunities
- Earn HI USA membership and dorm overnights at HI USA hostels
We'll work with your schedule.
7 N 2nd StreetRichmond, VA 23219
- Cooking / Catering
- People Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Group Facilitation
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training