DONATE TO THIS
36 people are interested
Making Dallas a No-Kill city is a big job and as a volunteer-based organization, we need a lot of great volunteers to do it. As a Rescue Coordinator, you'll represent our organization at our partner shelters, fostering a positive relationship with them.
Reports to: the Rescue Director, the VP of Animal Operations, and the Executive Director
Works with: Rescue team members, foster parents, and other volunteers over the phone or otherwise virtually.
- Volunteering at Dallas Animal Services at least once a month, responsibilities may include:
- Visiting shelter animals and documenting with photos and video, reporting back ASAP
- Meeting foster pickups and making sure pickup goes smoothly and all paperwork is correct and sent in to DPA medical team
- Conducting dog tests to check for dog friendliness and reporting back within 24 hours
- Assisting with any other duties needed to help drive Dallas Pets Alive!’s mission and support our values
- HS diploma/equivalent and some related animal/rescue group experience
- Ability to visit shelter at least once a month
- Must complete DPA handler training within first 3 months of joining team
- Must not have conflicting associations with similar non-profit organizations or business(es) related to animal welfare
Dallas Pets Alive! Musts:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to maintain professional level correspondence at all times
- A motivational, can-do attitude to represent Dallas Pets Alive! in a positive manner to our supporters and the general public
- A problem-solving mindset to handle and diffuse challenging situations in a professional manner
- A love for animals and dedication to the cause of animal welfare
About Dallas Pets Alive!
11700 Preston Road Suite 660, Dallas, TX 75230, US
At Dallas Pets Alive, our mission is to promote and provide the resources, education and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals.
We are implementing innovative and progressive programs in Dallas after studying the best practices of other cities (most notably Austin, Texas). We are currently focused on helping the healthy and treatable pets who are at risk of being killed in the Dallas Animal Services, by rescuing the pets that are at the greatest risk and helping owners who are having problems so great that they need to surrender their pet(s) to a shelter.
In our rescue program, we do not duplicate work of other agencies. We focus solely on the pets who have already been passed over by other groups and the Dallas Animal Services’ adoption programs that only take the healthy and treatable pets who are about to be killed and have no other options.
We'll work with your schedule.
1818 N Westmoreland RoadDallas, TX 75212
March 23, 2020
- People Skills
- Customer Service