DONATE TO THIS
21 people are interested
Making Dallas a No-Kill city is a big job and as a volunteer-based organization, we need a lot of great volunteers to do it. As a Rescue Coordinator, you'll represent our organization at our partner shelters, fostering a positive relationship with them.
Reports to: the Rescue Director, the VP of Animal Operations, and the Executive Director
Works with: Rescue team members, foster parents, and other volunteers over the phone or otherwise virtually.
- Volunteering at Dallas Animal Services at least once a month, responsibilities may include:
- Visiting shelter animals and documenting with photos and video, reporting back ASAP
- Meeting foster pickups and making sure pickup goes smoothly and all paperwork is correct and sent in to DPA medical team
- Conducting dog tests to check for dog friendliness and reporting back within 24 hours
- Assisting with any other duties needed to help drive Dallas Pets Alive!’s mission and support our values
- HS diploma/equivalent and some related animal/rescue group experience
- Ability to visit shelter at least once a month
- Must complete DPA handler training within first 3 months of joining team
- Must not have conflicting associations with similar non-profit organizations or business(es) related to animal welfare
Dallas Pets Alive! Musts:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to maintain professional level correspondence at all times
- A motivational, can-do attitude to represent Dallas Pets Alive! in a positive manner to our supporters and the general public
- A problem-solving mindset to handle and diffuse challenging situations in a professional manner
- A love for animals and dedication to the cause of animal welfare
We'll work with your schedule.
1818 N Westmoreland RoadDallas, TX 75212
- People Skills
- Customer Service