Administrative Advocate Volunteer
9 people are interested
REPORTS TO: Administrative Advocate/Program Director of Counseling
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To provide direct advocacy services, crisis intervention counseling, information and referrals to primary and secondary interpersonal violence victims through the agency office line and to walk in crisis clients. Additionally provides administrative support to the staff through data entry.
Administrative Advocate Volunteer responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Answer the office and hotline telephone lines, providing telephone support to clients and allied professionals. Setting appointments as requested by crisis callers as support to the administrative advocate.
- Provides crisis intervention counseling, advocacy, information and referrals to walk-in crisis clients.
- Grant data entry for phone calls, walk-in crisis clients, weekend crisis services, and provides data entry back-up support to staff.
- Attend staff meetings, volunteer in-service trainings and attend related professional activities as assigned. As requested, takes meeting minutes and distributes to appropriate meeting participants.
- Covers the front desk as primary support for administrative advocate lunch breaks and other times when the administrative advocate may have to leave the desk.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of YWCA Onboarding (6 hours) and YWCA Advanced Training (21 hours) prior to start date.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Demonstrate knowledge of interpersonal violence and a strong commitment to ending violence against women.
- Must be able to work normal weekday business hours.
- Must be able to work independently, manage multiple priorities and respond to participants in a professional and reassuring manner.
- Demonstrate ability to work well with people of various ethnic, racial and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
Apply at www.ywca-shr.org/intern
We'll work with your schedule.
YWCA of South Hampton Roads500 E Plume StSte 700Norfolk, VA 23510
- Data Entry
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Onboarding Training, Advanced Training, and job-specific training as needed