Become a Volunteer Driver and Help Drive Change!
15 people are interested
Thousands of young Tulsans cannot get the help they need to succeed because they lack adequate transportation to get to clinics, educational opportunities, training, or social service agencies. Ultimately, this problem leads to decreased physical and mental health, poorer education outcomes, and lower employment rates compared to their peers who have reliable transportation.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
Become a volunteer driver with Modus!
...BUT WHO IS MODUS?
At Modus, we are changing the way that young people think about transportation to ensure that everyone can access the services and opportunities they need to succeed. Since beginning in 2017, we have already helped over 200 local youth get to critical health and social service appointments and increased youth ridership on the bus by 30%.
HOW WE HELP YOUNG TULSANS:
Under our transportation service, Modus matches youth (ages 13-24) who need transportation with passionate, volunteer drivers who then transport the youth clients to and from the services they need using their personal vehicles. We also have an educational program called ModusEd, which teaches local high school students how to use existing transit options, like Tulsa Transit, so they can get to school and part-time jobs.
HOW YOU’LL HELP YOUNG TULSANS:
- By becoming a volunteer driver, you're increasing equal access to opportunities for youth, who otherwise may miss, skip, or avoid opportunities because of lack of adequate transportation.
- By giving a Modus ride, you're showing young people that their community cares about their success and ultimately showing young people that they're not in this life alone and can receive the support they need to be successful.
YOU’LL BE PERFECT FOR THIS IF:
- You have a passion for helping others
- You’re upbeat and friendly
- You’re punctual, yet flexible with changes
- You would feel great satisfaction knowing you are part of a team that is changing the lives of local youth
BENEFITS OF THIS VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY:
A flexible schedule, where you, the volunteer, get to choose the ride(s) based on when you are free and able to do so. Most of our current volunteers choose rides that are on their way home from work or to wherever they're headed to next, since most rides only take 15-20 minutes!
Opportunities to receive mileage reimbursement available!
Opportunities to learn valuable skills related to not only this opportunity but potentially to other volunteer work you may do.
- Being part of a team of dedicated volunteers and staff who are looking to change the way young people look at transportation while showing them community support for their future achievements.
READY TO HELP US DRIVE CHANGE?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more, or fill out an application on our website, https://www.modustulsa.org/apply
REQUIREMENTS TO DRIVE:
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Must be at least 21-years-old.
- Must have a clean vehicle in good working condition.
- Must have proof of vehicle insurance.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
18 South Lewis AveTulsa, OK 74104
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Anytime between 8AM-8PM, Monday-Friday, Most rides take 15-25 minutes
- See description for more info.