Senior Services Intern
3 people are interested
COPO is seeking a Senior Services Intern to assist the Senior Social Worker with coordinating services to meet senior members' needs.
Responsibilities include: * Working under the direction of the Senior Social Worker and Social Worker interns * Communicating with insurance companies on behalf of clients to ensure proper authorization for senior center activities * Assisting with food order, preparation and distribution. * Assisting seniors during exercise and games activities * Engaging with seniors in conversations to stimulate their mental fitness * May assist Social Worker in planning and implementing activities that promote the social, physical and intellectual fitness in the seniors Goal: * Complete three month internship with a minimum of 15 hours a week.
* Ensure seniors' health insurance is active and up to date.
* Contribute to the happiness and health of COPO seniors
* At least 18 years of age
* Bilingual ability (Urdu/English) necessary
* Preferably enrolled in a University/College based social services program
* Comfortable interacting with the elderly
We'll work with your schedule.
1077 Coney Island Ave1st FloorBrooklyn, NY 11230
- Program Management
- Elder care
- Administrative Support
- Must be at least 18
- 15 hours per week