Sponsorship & Flagship Chair - PurpleStride Sacramento 2018
PurpleStride is the walk to end pancreatic cancer and is among the largest sources of funding for PanCAN while raising awareness and creating a community among those affected by this disease. The Sponsorship & Flagship Chair plays a critical role in the financial success of PurpleStride. This position is focused on corporate engagement in the local community through two key programs; sponsorship and flagship. PurpleStride Sacramento 2018 is Saturday, November 10th at William Land Park and we anticipate over 1,000 participants this year!
Responsibilities & Duties:
* Partner with PurpleStride Chair and other planning committee chairs to determine event revenue goal.
* Recruit and manage sponsorship & flagship committee members.
* Prospect, solicit and steward prospective and existing corporate and community partners.
* Cultivate relationships with local corporations and systems for sponsorship and/or flagship proposals.
* Demonstrate a strong knowledge of organizational messages to accurately represent the organization and affiliate to corporate and community partners
* Ensure all sponsors create a team for PurpleStride
* Keep prospects and relationships apprised of organizational news and ensure year-round stewardship
* Secure renewed pledges of past supporters.
* Ensure agreements are signed and submitted to PanCAN for benefit implementation.
* Work with other planning committee chairs to develop a list of needs for event day activities to ensure top notch customer service. For example:
o Logistical needs for flagship teams and sponsors
o Appreciation and recognition for flagship teams and sponsors
* Maintain a prospect pipeline and track activity regularly
* Connect the dots on potential higher-level sponsor opportunities (Nationwide or outside of PurpleStride)
Sacramento and surrounding areaSacramento, CA 95814
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Business Development
- People 55+