12 people are interested
Volunteers Needed to visit Hospice Patients across the Pittsburgh area!
ORGANIZATION: Kindred Hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
12 people are interested
Make friendly visits to people on hospice care in their homes or long-term health care facilities, and provide companionship and support to the patient and their families.
- Be assigned patient(s) in your geographic area, usually no more than a 10-15 minute drive by car
- Veterans encouraged as we serve many Veteran patients!
- "Vets Caring for Vets": Kindred is a 4-Star service provider through We Honor Veterans
What does it take to be a Kindred Hospice Volunteer?
- Care and concern for others
- Tolerance, flexibility and patience
- Maturity and self-understanding
- Good communication skills
- Empathy, sincerity and sensitivity
- Acceptance of moral and cultural differences
- Ability to work cooperatively with others
- Ability to accept supervision and evaluation
- Be at least 18 years old
- Complete comprehensive hospice volunteer training
- Annual TB testing
- Submit to and pass a criminal background screening
- Submit to and pass a drug screening
- Must be fully vaccinated against Covid 19
There are no restrictions in regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, handicap or national origin.
Volunteers receive training appropriate to their respective volunteer position. Orientation and trainings are scheduled to fit your busy schedule.
We provide care all over the local area. As a volunteer, you can choose where, when and how to give your time!
**Volunteers do no clinical or direct care: feeding, toileting, dressing, etc.
About Kindred Hospice
5315 Campbells Run Rd, Suite 190, Pittsburgh, PA 15205, US
Kindred at Home/ Curo Health Services is a family of hospice care providers focused on clinical excellence with compassion and dignity when life matters most.
The mission of the Kindred at Home-Hospice Division is to honor life and offer compassion to individuals and their families when facing a life-limiting illness. We are committed to clinical excellence with dignity when life matters most. Hospice care helps patients and families make the most of the days that remain. Our care teams specialize in pain and symptom management, as well as emotional and spiritual support for the patient and family. An individualized plan of care is developed for each patient based on comfort care measures needed and the wishes of in patient and family.
5315 Campbells Run RdSuite 190Pittsburgh, PA 15205
September 26, 2022
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- A minimum of 1 hour per month per patient