Outside2Inside (O2I) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle through various creative programs.
Every year, the United States is wasting approximately 40% of the food we produce. Meanwhile 42 million Americans are still "food insecure". If our country recovered just 30% of what we’re wasting and provide it to people in need, domestic hunger would be eliminated!
Outside2Inside is focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle though various creative programs. We prevent the food waste through awareness programs, bringing food waste realization among the community and kids. Our Farm2School program recovers the unattractive but otherwise nutritious produce from local partners and serve the deprived, needy in our society . Our recycle program converts the food waste into organic compost and animal feed serving the urban households & local farms.
Come join us to serve an interesting NPO and help solve Food Waste problems.
We are seeking an organized, self-motivated Grant Manager to join our growing organization. In this position, you will be responsible for managing the grant related activities at O2I. Also you will be responsible for identifying and developing strategies to optimize the grants administration process.
The Grant Manger is expected to be directly involved in grant writing and also coordinate with other O2I grant writers or coordinators. As a grant writer you are responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to public / private foundations and other grant-making organizations and will persuasively communicate Outside2Inside's mission and programs to potential funders. You will assemble and submit grant requests, establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts, conduct prospect research, and maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines.
As you will provide this support, a positive attitude and attention to detail are a must. This person will closely coordinate with the Outside2Inside (O2I) program managers and help their program's grant needs in the O2I home office.
- Perform relevant research to identify available grant opportunities and evaluate the results.
- Directly involve in grant writing by coordinating with grant writers or coordinators.
- Research for effective and authentic funding opportunities having a lawful registration and proven track record.
- Oversee if the grants are implemented according to the operational and financial needs of the organization.
- Supervise the fund raising team to ensure proper coordination of work.
- Keep the relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring smooth completion of work responsibilities.
- Oversee if other grant staff (coordinators, writers and administrators) is complying with their job responsibilities.
- Oversee the job of invoicing, accounting, reporting, and other administrative functions to ensure successful execution of grant process.
- Prepare financial or budget plans and allocation along with the planning and finance department in accordance with each requirement.
- Analyze the budget trends and make recommendations for cost control and reduction for various grants.
- Provide detailed reports to the funders and the board of directors with respect to the organization's progress.
- Monitor paperwork and other related documents connected with grant-funded programs.
- Maintain records of all payments and receivables and prepare monthly records for all grant related activities.
- Provide training to the new staff on grants management and reporting requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of five years experience with grant writing.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Able to monitor and meet income goals.
- Interested in our food waste reduction awareness programs and community support programs.
- Generally interested, passionate, patient individual who is open to exploring new areas.
The successful candidate will be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner. Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential.
- People Management - People Skills, Relationship Management & Volunteer Coordination.
- Project Management - Reporting, Data Collection & Analysis.
- Interpersonal Skills - Critical Thinking, Multi-tasking and Networking.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Knowledge of fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Being a team player.
- Willing to show initiative.
- Highly organized multi-tasker
- A thorough and methodical approach to your work.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Scheduling appointments/updating calendars.
- Excellent knowledge of office management software(s).
We'll work with your schedule.
2585 El Camino Real, Apt 208Santa Clara, CA 95051
- Financial Planning
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Relationship Building
- Monday - Friday 10am - 4pm working from Office