Looking for a meaningful way to give back in Los Angeles? Apply today to volunteer as a Mentor Coach with America Needs You (ANY) and help an ambitious, first-generation college student reach their full potential!
America Needs You fights for economic mobility for ambitious, first-generation college students. We do this by providing transformative mentorship and intensive career development.
Impact: America Needs You (ANY) pairs high-achieving, low-income, first-generation college students with young professionals from a variety of industries who serve as their mentors throughout the duration of the two year Fellowship program. Mentor Coaches meet with students in person and remotely to help students achieve their career goals and graduate from college with a full-time job or graduate school placement.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities: Mentor Coaches support their student at Saturday workshops held in Los Angeles (6-7 Saturdays per year) and connect one-on-one virtually twice per month.
Here are just a few of the benefits of becoming a Mentor Coach:
- Develop aone-on-one mentoring relationship with your Scholar,and help them achieve their career ambitions.
- Serve as a role model and resource for your class of 40 Mentor Coach/Scholar pairs.
- Network with highly accomplished professionals from a variety of industries.
- Gain access to exclusive professional development and social events.
Requirements: To be eligible to apply to be a Mentor Coach, you should:
- Want to mentor first-generation college students in their personal and professional development.
- Be available to attend career development workshops 6-7 Saturdays per year for two years.
- Be a college graduate with 3+ years of work experience, willing to share your industry expertise and network.
Application: Apply here! https://www.americaneedsyou.org/mentors-apply/
Additional Details: Please see our workshop schedule for the summer, below. Our ask is that Mentor Coaches plan to attend at least 80% of workshops. A full workshop calendar will be provided at orientation.
- Mentor Coach Orientation: June 9th, 2018
- Workshop #1: June 23rd, 2018
- Workshop #2: July 14th, 2018
- Workshop #3: July 28th, 2018
- Workshop #4: August 11th, 2018
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 23
- 7 Saturdays per year + online engagement 2x/month