Become a Board member for the IUGB Foundation!
IUGB FOUNDATION INC
IUGB Foundation Mission: Founded in 2012, The IUGB Foundation is a 501(c)3 U.S. tax-exempt nonprofit organization based in Atlanta, Georgia. Organized by the U.S. and Ivorian supporters of the International University of Grand-Bassam (IUGB) located in Côte d’Ivoire, West Africa, the Foundation is dedicated to empowering students and helping to develop the necessary resources to make IUGB a center of excellence for higher education in West Africa.
IUGB Foundation: Raises money for need-based scholarships * Develops career, study-abroad and internship programs * Procures technology for faculty, administration & students * Develops strategic partnerships with corporations and universities * Procures research opportunities for faculty * Develops IUGB/IUGBF thought leadership * Serves as the Chief Ambassador of IUGB in the U.S. * Assists IUGB with the goal of US accreditation * Assists IUGB with the new campus construction
For more information, please visit our website at: https://iugbfoundation.org/
The Board will support the work of the IUGB Foundation and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by IUGB’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Board-CEO relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected.
Leadership, governance and oversight
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO as she develops and implements IUGB Foundation’s Strategic Plan
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by IUGB Foundation for evaluating its impact and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
- Approving IUGB Foundation’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the CEO
- Assisting the CEO and board chair in identifying and recruiting other Board members
- Partnering with the CEO and other Board members to ensure that Board resolutions are carried out
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Representing IUGB Foundation to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensuring IUGB Foundation’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities IUGB Foundation serves
IUGB Foundation Members will consider IUGB Foundation a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. So that IUGB Foundation can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations and individuals, IUGB Foundation expects to have 100% of Board Members make an annual contribution commensurate with their capacity.
IUGB Foundation’s Board members will serve a three-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for one additional term. Board meetings will be held quarterly, and committee meetings will be held in coordination with full board meetings.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about IUGB Foundation’s mission and who has a track record of board leadership. Selected Board Members will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy or the nonprofit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high performing Board Members.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy or the nonprofit sector
- Has an affinity for Africa, its youth and the critical need for quality education
- A commitment to and understanding of IUGB’s beneficiaries
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a passion for improving the lives of IUGB Foundation’s students, faculty and alumni
- French language capability is desirable but not required
- Service on IUGB’s Board of Directors is with remuneration, except for administrative support, travel and accommodation costs in relation to Board Members’ duties.
About IUGB FOUNDATION INC
1175 Peachtree St. NE, Suite 1000, Suite 1000, ATLANTA, GA 30303, US
Founded in 2012, The IUGB Foundation is a 501(c)3 U.S. tax exempt nonprofit organization based in Atlanta, Georgia. Organized by the U.S. and Ivorian supporters of the International University of Grand-Bassam (IUGB) located in Côte d’Ivoire, West Africa, the Foundation is dedicated to empowering students and helping to develop the necessary resources to make IUGB a center of excellence for higher education in West Africa.
The IUGB was founded in 2012 and since then has been dedicated to empowering students and helping to develop the necessary resources to make the International University of Grand-Bassam in Cote d'Ivoire (IUGB) a center of excellence for higher education in West Africa. IUGB admitted its first students in 2005 and was created as the result of a two-plus-two exchange student program with Georgia State University. The IUGB Foundation's Goals and Objectives: raise money for need-based scholarships; develop career, study-abroad and internship programs for students in Georgia and elsewhere in the United States; procures technology for faculty, administration & Students in Georgia and the U.S.; develops strategic partnerships with Georgia and other U.S.-based corporations and universities and procures research opportunities for faculty in Georgia and elswhere in the continental United States.