11 people are interested
Office help needed in Vinings. - Light office work and answering phones.
11 people are interested
Bristol Hospice is a leader in hospice care. Volunteers are an important part of what we do and who we are. If you would like to have a flexible schedule and a rewarding volunteer experience, then we would love to hear from you. Unfortunately, we do not fill community service hours as a "Profit" agency.
*No experience is needed!
This opportunity is perfect for:
- Men and women
- College Students
- College interns
- Empty Nesters
- Anyone looking to gain valuable office experience, while helping others.
Thank you for your interest in our office volunteering opportunity. We are Looking for someone who can work in our small office answering phones and doing light office work 3 to 4 days a week - M-F. The shifts would be
4-hour shifts each day, or more if you can.
I would like to explain a little about how we work at Bristol hospice.
We are NOT an inpatient unit. We go visit our patients where they live, be it a home, apartment, memory care unit, nursing home, independent living, or assisted living facility. Our territory is all of metro Atlanta and all the way west to Carrollton, Dallas, Mableton, Douglasville, Hyrum, Marietta, Smyrna, Vinings, Kennesaw, Acworth, Canton, Ball Ground, Cumming, Gwinnett, Dacula, Winder, Loganville, Snellville, SW Atlanta, Fairburn, Jonesboro.
Here is a list of onboarding procedures in order of being completed:
- Fill out and return the application (electronic version or you can print it and scan it back to me.)
- Agree to do a background check - the email will be sent to you to log on and give permission for the background check (we pay for this)
- Drug test, Once you log on to do a background check an email will be sent to you with an "E-PASSPORT" to take with you for your drug test. This is a separate email and will come within a few hours of your consent to a background check. This will take your information of the area you live in and send you to a partnered Concentra or mini clinic to do the drug test. We pay for the drug test. and it would have to be done within two weeks or it expires.
- Relias training modules online - These are mandatory both onboarding and annually to be sure you are up to date with the latest training available. There are generally 12 modules online that make up the training portion. This will be assigned to you once I know your drug and TB test has been emailed to you. You will need to let me know when you receive that email so I can add your log-in and password for you to start working on the modules. You will need a computer and internet access for these modules. The entire set of modules need to be completed before we move to the next step.
- Orientation. Once your Relias is done we will schedule an orientation where we go over our company’s policies and train on how to volunteer and how to do clinical notes. At that time I will give you your Bristol Volunteer supplies, take your picture for your volunteer badge. I will need a copy of your car insurance, as well as any time it is renewed. I will need a copy of your current GA driver’s license for your volunteer file.
- Fingerprinting application. We will log on and do the application for your fingerprinting. It will be printed and you will be given a location to go get your fingerprinting done. This is an off-site fingerprinting location. It’s a GA law that went into effect as of October 2020 so fingerprinting is now mandatory with all volunteers of healthcare-related field.
- Meet your patient. We will match you up with a patient either that day or when you are ready. I will go with you to your first visit and introduce you and make sure you are comfortable with your patient and then we will develop a schedule that works for you and your patient. You can start going alone if you’re ready, if not I can shadow you again until you are ok to make your visits alone.
- Office Volunteers will be trained on phones and light office work.
- Participation. We do community projects both on weekdays and weekends so we always encourage our volunteers to participate if they can.
About Bristol Hospice - Atlanta, LLC
2849 Paces Ferry Road SE, Suite 380, Atlanta, GA 30339, US
You matter Because you are you. You matter to the last moment of your life. - Dame Cicely Saunders.
We are a local hospice company serving the greater Atlanta, Cobb, Gwinnett, West GA area.
2849 Paces Ferry Road SESuite 380Overlook 1 BuildingAtlanta, GA 30339
August 11, 2021
- Office Reception
- Hospice Care
- Administrative Support
- Bereavement Support
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- office hours are M-F- 8 am to 5 pm and I need someone reliable for 3-4 days per week 4-hour shifts.
- Must be dependable, honest, mature, professional, and hardworking.