The Trustees of Reservations is the official programming partner of the Boston Public Market (BPM); the first permanent year-round public market in Boston. The Trustees is responsible for developing and promoting free and fee-based programming in the Boston Public Market KITCHEN. KITCHEN programming will focus on encouraging a passion for regionally sourced food and appeal to a diverse audience. The KITCHEN is open 7 days a week as an open public space when there are no programs scheduled.
Property Ambassadors are stationed in The KITCHEN to engage with visitors, serve as a resource, and occasionally conduct cooking demonstrations and/or food-related activities. Volunteer in this role should be passionate about seasonal cooking and eating, local agriculture and healthy, active living.
One 4-hour shift once per week for three months
Shifts are between 8:00am-3:00pm
Note: Responsibilities may vary slightly depending on the daily needs of The KITCHEN
- Provide warm and welcoming customer service experience, engaging visitors in The KITCHEN's mission and the greater Trustees brand
- Educate visitors about the benefits of seasonal cooking and eating
- Tend to KITCHEN library of mission-related books
- Provide occasional culinary food demonstrations or other food-related activity to engage visitors in the Market and encourage them to extend their stay
- Highlight and showcase the stories and products of local farmers and artisans, especially those from the BPM vendor community
- Manage any passive/drop-in activities available to visitors in The KITCHEN
- Passionate about seasonal cooking and eating, local agriculture and healthy, active living
- Friendly, outgoing, customer service oriented
- Organized and flexible
- Observant and comfortable in front of the public
- Comfortable adapting to a variety of tasks based on the needs of The KITCHEN
- Familiarity with audio visual equipment such as microphones, speakers, projectors, screens and computers, preferred
- Cooking / Catering
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- One 4-hour shift per week
- Must be able to get to and from the KITCHEN at the Boston Public Market
- Event Assistants-Family Farm...
- Greenhouse Watering Assistant-...
- Greenhouse Assistant- Chestnut...
- Property Ambassador- KITCHEN at...
- Stewardship Data...
- Wednesday Workday Crew-Doyle...
- Cheese Ambassador-Boston Public...
- Kitchen Assistant, Boston Public...
- Food Pantry Liaison- Chestnut...
- CSA Distribution Coordinator-...
- Stewardship Data Assistant-Boston
- Trail Race Assistant-Chestnut...
- Harvest Assistants- Chestnut...