Emergency Services Support Team (St. Joseph Hospital)
64 people are interested
CORE VALUES - GUEST RELATION
Guest Service Standards
Greets every person with a smile.
Ask every person 'May I help you'
Creates privacy and respect by knocking before entering, asking permission to enter the room, addressing the person by name, pulling patient curtains, and closing doors.
2. Responsiveness (in person and on the phone)
Uses the universal response to those we serve - 'How may I help you?'
When answering the phone, identifies self by name and department.
Uses the name of the people being served or worked with.
Uses the universal closure to an interaction - 'Is there anything else I can do for you?'
Never blames another team member or makes excuses if a patient guest or internal customer has had a problem.
Uses the response 'I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations. . , what can I do to meet your needs?'
Helps to keep the organization clean. Maintains cleanliness and reduce clutter within work areas. Monitors equipment for cleanliness and to maintain good working condition.
Core Values Based Behavioral Standards
Demonstrates collaboration and teamwork.
Listens without interrupting. Accepts and provides constructive feedback in a respectful and culturally sensitive manner. Demonstrates openness to diverse views.
Avoids waste. Is a steward of the organization's resources.
Follows the policies, systems and process of SJHC.
Speaks directly to a co-worker with questions, concerns and recommendations whenever possible.
Completes surveys as requested.
Protects the privacy and rights of patients, and MBO/work related information.
Supports the spiritual and emotional needs, as well as the physical needs, of our patients and co-workers.
Supports co-workers during periods of life change.
Greets patients, visitors and co-workers in a manner consistent with the SJHC Guest Service Standards.
Participates in MBO-sponsored opportunities to help other organizations or individuals in need.
Is aware of the mission, vision, values, strategy and critical success factors of the organization, and the departmental tactics and expectations to promote the overall success of the organization.
Participates in performance improvement teams and activities.
Attends educational offerings and applies the information learned.
Job Description Summary: To assist patients, visitors, and staff by providing direct and indirect assistance in meeting person, information and safety needs. Volunteer services are an enhancement to the care provided all patients by SJCH associates.
1. Escort patients to registration and from triage to the appropriate treatment rooms as identified by the triage nurse.
2. Engaging in patient identification processes as delegated utilizing patient identifiers of name and birth date.
3. Provide privacy by stepping away from the nurse/patient interaction when a confidential problem is being addressed. Avoid interruptions to the nurse who is obtaining information.
4. Address all who approach the triage window when the triage nurse is otherwise occupied. Promptly seek the triage RN or Charge Nurse for patients/situations requiring immediate attention if the triage nurse is not readily available.
5. At the direction of the RN and in keeping with policy for release of information may
Inform family members who are waiting the patient condition (stable, serious, critical)
May not give family's information about the patient condition or diagnosis.
6. Assist visitors in the lobby or treatment areas with comfort needs (e.g. coffee, directions, magazines).
7. Assist Pastoral Care, nursing staff or House Administrator with family comfort needs in times of patient crisis. Direct families to the Crisis Room (SJH)]
8. Provide directions or escort to admitting, main lobby, and other hospitals areas.
9. After competency validation may apply non-invasive vital signs monitors to obtain temperature, blood pressure. Allows the RN to view and record findings.
10. May not chart in the medical record.
11. Escort non-monitored stable direct admits to inpatient rooms helping with belongings as needed.
12. Escort patients from registration to radiology and other areas.
13. Deliver forms, orders etc. to designated areas as directed by outpatient personnel.
PRIMARY TREATMENT AREA
1. Assist patient to disrobe as directed by the nurse; instruct the patient to use the stretcher; assure that side rails are up
We'll work with your schedule.
1 Saint Joseph DriveLexington, KY 40504
- Verbal / Written Communication