We're sorry, this opportunity no longer exists.
Gift of Adoption Fund has 103 more opportunities, please check them out.See Opportunities
DONATE TO THIS
14 people are interested
Passionate about children, family and adoption? Board Members wanted in Indiana...
ORGANIZATION: Gift of Adoption Fund
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
14 people are interested
Gift of Adoption (GOA) is a national charity that provides grants to complete the adoptions of vulnerable children. Our mission is simple, yet impactful:
Gift of Adoption awards grants to complete the adoptions of vulnerable children - giving them a permanent family and the chance to thrive.
Priority is placed on helping children facing what is possibly their only chance at adoption, including children at-risk of separation from siblings, entering foster care, aging-out of an orphanage or with serious medical conditions.
We are the largest provider of adoption assistance grants on a nondiscriminatory basis (without regard to age, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual identify or marital status) and our grants are paid directly to agencies and attorneys working on the child’s behalf. Since inception in 1996 through December 31, 2020 GOA has awarded $10.6 million to give 3,627 children permanent families and the chance to thrive.
Board Members are needed to move the GOA mission forward. If you want to become a part of a growing, highly credentialed charity and you share our belief that having a loving family is a basic right for children everywhere - we hope you will consider joining us. By volunteering your time, talent, and treasure, you can completely change the trajectory of a child’s life for the better. You don’t have to adopt to give a child a family.
We are looking for Board Members who:
- Are passionate about children, family, and adoption.
- Are business leaders in their field, and connected to large personal and professional networks of philanthropically-minded people.
- Enjoy outreach, relationship management, development, fundraising, development, and communications.
- Are looking to leverage their network to create new partnership opportunities and increase the donor base of the Fund in the metro area and throughout the state.
- Possess event-planning expertise to include event creation, implementation and management.
This is a non-compensated, volunteer board opportunity. We ask our board members to serve 3-year terms. Board Members receive the reward of helping a child find their way to a permanent, loving home! If you would like to learn more, please reach out today to start a conversation.
Reach out to us today with the following information:
- Why are you interested in the Gift of Adoption?
- Where in the state are you located?
- What unique quality could you bring to our organization?
About Gift of Adoption Fund
1200 Shermer Road, Suite 111, Northbrook, IL 60062, US
Gift of Adoption is a national charitable organization that inspires adoption by providing grants to help fund adoptions-- giving children permanent, loving families and the chance to thrive.
We believe a child without a family is one of life's great tragedies because a child without a permanent home suffers. Orphanages and foster homes do not offer permanent solutions for the millions of children who need families. All children deserve the dignity and love that comes from being a part of a family. Gift of Adoption is committed to creating those families. Gift of Adoption is a national charitable organization that inspires adoption by providing grants to help fund adoptions-- giving children permanent, loving families and the chance to thrive.
Through Gift of Adoption, you can give time and donations to support adoption.
Even if you can't open your home, you can open your heart and transform the life of a child.
Anywhere in INIndianapolis, IN 46282
March 8, 2022
- Child Welfare
- Event Planning / Management
- Public Relations
- Business Development
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 30
- Orientation or Training
- On average, our board members spend between 1 and 10 hours per month.
- • 10+ years of combined professional experience • Previous success hitting a fundraising goal • Large professional and social networks and • Evidence of business and community leadership and advocacy