It's More Than Just a Ride...Volunteer Driver Opportunity!
Neighbor to Neighbor needs your help providing transportation for seniors and adults over 21 who are disabled and/or home-bound. Providing transportation means providing them with an outlet, support, and a means to stay connected in the community. As a volunteer driver, your support would help Neighbor to Neighbor further the mission which is to help seniors stay connected to the community while living independently at home.
Driver responsibilities include:
- providing one way or round trips
- call and introduce yourself at least 24 hours prior to a planned trip
- Call the office and report time spent and miles driven
- Arrive on time and provide courteous service
- Notify the office of any problems
- Notify the office of any changes such as needing to cancel a trip
- Abide by and uphold all organizational policies
- Perform only transportation services that are authorized by Neighbor to Neighbor
If the above sounds great and you are interested in becoming a driver and you are willing to provide at least 2 rides per month, call us! Orientation is required before driving services can begin.
Volunteers quickly realize that the service they are providing is more than just a ride. The conversations, the friendship and the satisfaction from knowing that you helped someone maintain a medical appointment or pick up items from the grocery store is invaluable!
Please join our agency and help us further our mission and ensure our service is around when and/or if you ever need it!
We'll work with your schedule.
Pawleys Island AreaPawlesy Island, SC 29585
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- approx 1 hour orientation