Client Pantry Assistant
3 people are interested
Zaman's Gleaners-affiliated Client Choice Food Pantry allows families to choose culturally appropriate and nutritionally balanced food each month. Families shop for monthly staples, as well as nutritional and delicious prepared food from our on-site kitchen. The pantry is part of Zaman's overall mission to provide basic needs and job training to female heads of household and female refugees and immigrants.
Volunteers will work in our Client Choice Food Pantry assisting clients, sorting donations, restocking the shelves, and creating a positive client experience. Volunteers work directly with clients providing them with the basic food and hygiene items they need to support their families in an uplifting and hopeful context.
- Both people skills and organization are important in the pantry.
- Some Arabic language speaking skills are helpful but not necessary.
- Volunteers will receive on-site training in the pantry process.
- Volunteers will gain valuable skills in customer service and store maintenance since we provide the clients with a shopping experience.
- The pantry also hosts additional annual distributions for the families, including backpacks, coats, and holiday gifts.
Zaman Client Choice Pantry - Hope for Humanity Center: 26091 Trowbridge St., Inkster, MI 48141
The pantry is looking for volunteers: Monday - Friday, 9:30am - 3:00pm
Shifts are 1.5 - 4 hours
Fill out Zaman's volunteer application by searching: bit.ly/zamanvolunteer
26091 Trowbridge StreetInkster, MI 48141
- Data Entry
- People Skills
- Crisis Intervention
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
- Customer Service
- Must be at least 18
- Shifts are 1.5 - 4 hours
- Arabic speaking skills are helpful but not necessary.