English for Advancement is a new program that provides vocational English classes and job search services to non-native English speakers at sites in Lynn, Lawrence, Lowell, East Boston, Roxbury and Dorchester whose goal is to find employment. In addition to English classes, clients receive career coaching including job search assistance, resume and cover letter writing and interview preparation.
Assist the teacher of vocational English class for immigrants and refugees by working with two low-level English students who need extra support. They are Spanish speakers and need extra help and translation during class.
Hours 9am-12pm Mondays and/or Wednesdays
- ESOL teaching or tutoring experience preferred, but not required.
- Comfortable working with low level English language learners.
- Fluency in English and Spanish.
- Interest in working with people of various linguistic, cultural, religious, ethnic and national backgrounds.
- Empathy for the challenges of learning a new culture and a new language.
- Adult Education
- People Skills
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- at least 3 hours a week, 3 month committment