The intern will support the development of marketing initiatives for the National Kidney Foundation of Wisconsin (NKFW) as it honors its historical milestones and celebrates its 50th anniversary as an organization. The Intern will help capture the living testimonials of key volunteers and organize/ archive relevant historical materials.
Responsibilities will include:
- Create a user-friendly historical archive of photographs, stories, news reports, interviews, videos, etc.
- Organize and catalog historical materials to preserve integrity of items.
- Digitize relevant photographs/documents and create digital naming strategy to optimize search ability.
- Create a timeline of milestones (medical and other) in the history of the NKFW.
- Conduct/facilitate interviews with key staff, board members, patients, professionals, and volunteers to capture their stories and key milestones in the organization’s history.
- Strategize ways to market historical materials for 50th-anniversary events/activities (social media, incorporating into other NKFW events, etc.)
- Create a "yearbook" to showcase the 50 years of the NKFW.
- Research Wisconsin companies or entities which have milestone anniversaries in 2018.
- Currently pursuing a history, library science, health, communications, or related degree. Recent graduates welcome to apply.
- Previous experience with camera and/or basic video equipment and photo editing software
- Interest in audio and broadcast communications (i.e. podcasts) a plus
- Experience conducting interviews
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Familiarity with working in an office environment preferred
- Desire to interact with individuals from various age demographics
- Strong research and organizational skills
- Dependable, flexible, respectful, and ability to work as a team member
- Ability to work independently
- Access to reliable transportation
- Personal laptop recommended
The NKFW will work with colleges/universities to ensure credit and/or fellowship requirements are met and provide recommendations for future employers
Send a cover letter, resume, and online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with "History & Communications Intern" in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
- Library Sciences
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Part-time weekdays; 15 – 20 hours per week apprx.