Everyone has a story and at the end of life this story becomes allot more important to share. Leaving a legacy, stories of lessons learned and family stories to share for generations to come, can assist patients in knowing their own gifts and purpose in their life's journey. Should you assist a patient in LifeBio, you too, will also receive special gifts in the process, as do all patient care volunteers, but learning their stories is most intimate. If you have an hour a week to visit a patient, you can begin to build their LifeBio. This can take as many as 4 - 6 visits or more. The patient and family can provide you with photos for their stories too. All data and stories are coordinated and printed by LifeBio. LifeBio is a professional organization that ends up making a hard copy book for the patient - all paid for by VITAS. You can continue to visit that patient after the booklet has been made or decide to take another LifeBio patient. It's up to you. We visit patients all over Orange County, and there can very well be someone around the corner from you who is on our hospice service, just waiting for you to come through their door. For more details, training and how to get start, please call us directly. All direct patient care volunteers must be over 18 yrs. of age, pass a background check, health screening and complete the volunteer orientation. It's a great way to give back and feel good about your time well spent!
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Case Work / Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Spiritual Healing
- Social Work
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours a week - ongoing as needed by patient
- mature, good communication & writing skills, compassion and patience
- VITAS Bereavement Volunteer
- VITAS Massage & Reiki Volunteers
- LifeBio - document the life of a...
- VITAS Telephone Assurance...
- VITAS Craft Volunteers
- VITAS Veteran Volunteers
- VITAS Volunteer Memory Bear...
- Volunteer to bring Harmony and...
- VITAS Patient-Care Volunteers
- VITAS Paw Pals Volunteers
- VITAS Hair Care Volunteers