Distribution Site Coordinator, Lake City - Chicken Soup Brigade (Food & Nutrition)
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Our Mission: At Lifelong our mission is to "...empower people living with or at risk of HIV and/or other chronic conditions to live healthier lives." Lifelong has robust client management and support programs for housing, medical, wellness, dental, aging and disability client + sexual health education and prevention for both adults and youth. And through it all, the heart of our organization since its start 35 years ago, has been our Chicken Soup Brigade program.
Every week our Chicken Soup Brigade Client Care Advocates, Nutritionists, Chefs and Cooks, Warehouse and Distribution staff and 200+ regular weekly Volunteers work together to make, package, bag and deliver 1000+ nutritionally specific meals for clients in the greater Seattle metro area living with HIV/AIDS and other chronic health conditions
Where you come in: The Lake City Distribution Site Coordinator is the main point of contact for our volunteer delivery rivers as they pick up meals and groceries for delivery stored at our satellite location with our partner, North Helpline. Training is provided by distribution staff for this volunteer role and a flare for detail & organizational skills helps. This is a great opportunity for those who like to work independently and, though there’s some good socializing to be had, bring a good book for the down times!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Greet Volunteer drivers and clients coming in for grocery pick-up.
- Assist drivers with pulling meals and grocery bags, and help load their vehicles.
- Read route sheets and accurately pull the correct amount of meals and groceries.
- Communicate with Distribution Specialist (Supervisor for Volunteer Delivery Drivers and Site Coordinators) in a timely, clear manner about any changes that should arise.
- Close up North Helpline building - possibly unsupervised.
- Represent Lifelong to the Lake City community.
Time Commitments & Other Information:
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of six months, once per week
- Must be able to follow strict adherence to client confidentiality and professionalism.
- Must be flexible, prompt and reliable.
12736 33rd Ave NE,Seattle, WA 98125
- Inventory Management
- Supply Chain
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Six Months; Once per Week