WEATHERFORD Area - We need your compassion to visit Hospice Patients!
3 people are interested
Envoy Hospice is looking for Direct Patient Volunteers to be COMPANIONS for some of our Patients! If you have 1-2 Hours per week to devote to Volunteering, we'd love to hear from you!
Some of the duties of a Direct Patient Volunteer are:
- Hold their hands
- Rub lotion on their hands/forearms
- Play Music for them on your cell phone or Ipad
- Push them around in their wheelchair
- Read to them
- Relieve a Caregiver who needs a 2-3 Hour break!
- Celebrate Birthdays
- Make Birthday Cards
- Possibly help Facilities with Activities/Events/Bingo/Family Nights/Holiday Celebrations/Decorations/etc.
- Decorate walls - Some of our Patients lay in bed & look at the same thing ALL day
- Paint fingernails
- Be creative! If you like, you may also deliver Teddy Bears, Blankets, fidget items, Flowers, Birthday Greetings, Birthday Cards, Call Families, etc.
We'll work with your schedule.
970 Hilltop DriveWeatherford, TX 76086
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Bereavement Support
- Relationship Building
- Music Arts
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- About 1 or 2 hours per week
- Must provide a current drivers license, current car insurance, Social Security Card, TB testing & Background Check & go through a Training Class (all provided for free)