Hospice 11th Hour (Vigil) Volunteer - OhioHealth At Home
OhioHealth At Home of Mansfield (Hospice)
11th Hour Volunteers sit with hospice patients in the last hours of their life.
OhioHealth At Home Hospice 11th Hour Volunteers:
- Are present with hospice patients when they are actively dying
- Ensure patients do not die alone
- Provide compassionate support and a calming presence
- Are present with an actively dying patient when there is no family or friends nearby
- Are present with an actively dying patient when the caregiver is worn out and needs time for respite
- Support family members at the patient's bedside
- Completion of OhioHealth At Home hospice volunteer training
- Commitment to the philosophy and goals of hospice
- Emotional maturity and sensitivity
- Completion of reference and background check (including fingerprinting)
- Completion of 2-step TB test
- Excellent listening skills
- The ability to empathize and accept people in their current life stage
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to commit to at least 6 hours a month to volunteer work
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Must be comfortable sitting with someone in silence
- Must serve as a patient support volunteer for a minimum of 3 months before taking an 11th hour assignment
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL THE OHIOHEALTH At HOME HOSPICE VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR AT (419) 526-8442.
About OhioHealth At Home of Mansfield (Hospice)
50 Industrial Drive, Lexington, OH 44904, US
At OhioHealth at Home (Hospice), we help people make the most of every minute when end-of-life care is needed.
Wherever the patient calls home, OhioHealth At Home is there to provide hospice support. Whether the patient lives in their own home, a nursing home or assisted-living facility, we’ll provide physician-led, comprehensive hospice care.