Food Pantry Appointment Assistant
2 people are interested
SCHEDULE & HOURS: Monday - Friday, 8:30 - noon, 1 - 4 p.m., flexible hours based on availability (Minimum morning or afternoon shift, once per week as assigned)
SUPERVISOR: Front Office Manager & Director of Social Services
OPPORTUNITY DESCRIPTION: Our clientsare able to schedule appointments to come pick up emergency food from our pantry. The Food Appointment Assistant will meet with the client and asses needs. Once the need is assessed, volunteer will provide them with the correct food items and fill out necessary paper work.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to talk comfortably with people requesting assistance or service.
- Because of the many emotions of our clients it is critical that volunteer be able to remain professional and respectful in attitude and behavior.
- Must be able to write legibly, spell correctly and alphabetize.
- Must always represent The Salvation Army with grace and respect to visitors and staff.
We'll work with your schedule.
1700 S Burdick streetKalamazoo, MI 49001
- Office Reception
- Customer Service
- Must be at least 21