SCHEDULE & HOURS: Monday - Friday, 8:30 - noon, 1 - 4 p.m., flexible hours based on availability
Minimum morning or afternoon shift, once per week as assigned
SUPERVISOR: Front Office Manager & Office Administrator
OPPORTUNITY DESCRIPTION: The Reception/Front Desk Assistant is considered one of the most important positions at The Salvation Army. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to: answering phones; greeting clients, volunteers and donors; providing referrals to other agencies, etc. Other activities include general office work such as: sorting, stuffing, making copies; putting postage on mail; faxing; other tasks as necessary.
- Take telephone and walk-in client information for Social Service needs.
- Assist with various office projects
- Seasonal Christmas Holiday Assistance Support
- General client data entry
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to talk comfortably on the phone and in person with people requesting assistance or service.
- Because of the many emotions of our clients it is critical that volunteer be able to remain professional and respectful in attitude and behavior.
- Must be able to write legibly, spell correctly and alphabetize.
- Must be able to use typical office machines with a minimum of training, such as computers, copiers, postage meters, fax machines, etc.
- Must always represent The Salvation Army with grace and respect to visitors and staff.
- Provide specific orientation and training about the relevant Salvation Army programs.
- Train on the various tasks required.
- Provide regular supervision, as needed.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21