Work with children/adults with disabilities, and with horses
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
9 people are interested
* Horse feeders - shifts are a.m. and p.m. every day (on-the-job training). Volunteers may choose a.m. or p.m. crews. Feeding generally takes 1-1/2 to 2 hours. Feeders need to be at least 16 years old.
* Sidewalker and leader positions (lead horses and/or walk next to the horse, assisting the rider as necessary during riding lesson). This requires a 3-hour training. Lessons are Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Volunteer to commit to 1 hour or more per week for an 8-week session.
* School group assistance. Groups visit the barn on weekday mornings during the school year. Volunteer to commit to one specific day per week for the school year (breaks and holidays follow school calendar).
* Visits to nursing homes (or elderly coming to the barn) are randomly scheduled, generally one or two times per month in mild weather. Volunteer may request to be called when needed.
* Opportunities for clean-up and facility/grounds maintenance.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
9375 W. 300 N.Michigan City, IN 46360
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 13
- Orientation or Training
- minimum of 1-2 hours per week
- Honest, friendly, follows directions well