We are currently looking for dependable event help for the upcoming season. Sophie's Mission has events booked all throughout Massachusetts and one event in North Haven CT. Here is what we need from you:
1. Ability to stay from set-up to take down. This runs a total of 5-6 hours, set up and take down isn't very hard but we need extra hands to help put up the tent easier.
2. Dependability. If you sign up to volunteer at an event, please keep your commitment. We need to have 3 people at our tent at all times and if someone doesn't show up, it makes providing breaks nearly impossible.
3. A love of being outside. 99% of our events are done outside where it can get hot, cold, rainy, or beautiful.
4. The gift of gab. We talk at our tent to everyone that walks by, even if it's just to say hello. We also sell pet items and Sophie's Mission t-shirts at events.
5. You must love animals!! Many of our events are pet related so people will bring their dogs and walk around and it's very hard not to pet them.
Sophie's Mission is a 501c(3) Mobile Pet Food & Pet Supply Pantry that will help pet owners with necessary items during times of financial difficulty. Recently we have partnered with area animal shelters who will call on us if they are in need of supplies or food.
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Public Relations
- Retail / Sales
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 17
- up to 6 hours for each event
- If you are under 17, a parent or other adult can come with you.