Pancreatic Cancer Action Network Team & Individual Committee Chair
2 people are interested
Position Type: Committee Members
PurpleStride is the walk to end pancreatic cancer and is among the largest sources of funding for PanCANwhile raising awareness and creating a community among those affected by this disease. We are looking for volunteers to assist our Team & Individual Development Chair with recruitment, fundraisers, etc. The Team & Individual Development Committee plays a critical role in the success of PurpleStride through team & individual engagement and retention.Responsibilities & Duties
* Partner with PurpleStride Chair and other planning committee members to determine event revenue goal.
* Recruit and manage team & individual development committee members.
* Works with committee to provide overall customer service and hospitality for team captains and high
performing individuals year-round keeping them informed and showing your appreciation.
* Build strong rapport with team captains and top individuals through personalized outreach including
phone calls and meetings.
* Lead the planning and execution of a team kickoff event in collaboration with the PurpleStride Chair and
your team and individual development committee.
* Focus on new team recruitment prior to team kick off to engage them with the team captain community.
* Coach and mentor teams with a focus on fund-raising
* Work with other planning committee chairs to identify needs for event day activities. For example:
o Volunteer needs for teams area
o Logistical needs for teams area and Grand Club members
* Communicate effectively around team benefits, Grand Club, deadlines and logistical details.
* Ensure top teams receive all team benefits
* In collaboration with other planning committee chairs, develop and execute a plan to "work the track" on
event day. Engage with attendees to thank teams and secure commitment for next year, recruit new
teams, new committee members, and new volunteers.
* Team captain and Grand Club member appreciation year-round.
* Collect and share inspiring team and individual stories with the Media Chair.
* Connect the dots on potential opportunities stemming from teams and individuals including volunteering,
patient central referrals, sponsorship referrals, potential high-level donors, etc.
* Complete and maintain Partnership Agreement with PurpleStride Chair.
* Access to a computer and the internet as well as proficient computer skills.
* Respond to inquiries within two business days.
* All volunteer positions are expected to regularly communicate with their staff partner and/or local
volunteer leader, think holistically about referrals (patient, volunteer, donor, etc.) and demonstrate a
commitment to the PanCAN mission.
* Strong leader, communicator and motivator
* A friendly, positive, solution-oriented, professional demeanor
* Excellent organizational skills
* Strong written and verbal communication
* Knowledge of community
* Strong time management
* Conflict management and resolution
* Commitment to Pancreatic Cancer Action Network’s mission
* Team & Individual Development Chair Guidebook and access to resources via online platform
* Webinars throughout the year
* Inside Track e-newsletter
* National Leadership Training - in person training over 3 days
* PurpleStride Chair
* PurpleStride Planning Committee Chairs
o Sponsorship & Flagship Chair
o Logistics Chair
o Media Chair
o Event Experience Chair
o Event Day Volunteer Chair
About the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (PanCAN) is dedicated to fighting the world’s toughest cancer. In our urgent mission to save lives, we attack pancreatic cancer on all fronts: research, clinical initiatives, patient services and advocacy. Our effort is amplified by a nationwide network of grassroots support. We are determined to improve patient outcomes today and to double survival by 2020.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.