Pancreatic Cancer Action Network Team & Individual Committee Chair
PANCREATIC CANCER ACTION NETWORK LAS VEGAS
Position Type: Committee Chair (PurpleStride Planning Committee)
PurpleStride is the walk to end pancreatic cancer and is among the largest sources of funding for PanCAN while raising awareness and creating a community among those affected by this disease. The Team & Individual Development Committee plays a critical role in the success of PurpleStride through team & individual engagement and retention.Responsibilities & Duties
- Partner with PurpleStride Chair and other planning committee members to determine event revenue goal
- Recruit and manage team & individual development committee members
- Works with committee to provide overall customer service and hospitality for team captains and high performing individuals year-round keeping them informed and showing your appreciation
- Build strong rapport with team captains and top individuals through personalized outreach including phone calls and meetings
- Lead the planning and execution of a team kickoff event in collaboration with the PurpleStride Chair and your team and individual development committee
- Focus on new team recruitment prior to team kick off to engage them with the team captain community
- Coach and mentor teams with a focus on fund-raising
- Work with other planning committee chairs to identify needs for event day activities. For example:
- Volunteer needs for teams area
- Logistical needs for teams area and Grand Club members
- Communicate effectively around team benefits, Grand Club, deadlines and logistical details
- Ensure top teams receive all team benefits
- In collaboration with other planning committee chairs, develop and execute a plan to "work the track" on event day. Engage with attendees to thank teams and secure commitment for next year, recruit new teams, new committee members, and new volunteers
- Team captain and Grand Club member appreciation year-round
- Collect and share inspiring team and individual stories with the Media Chair
- Connect the dots on potential opportunities stemming from teams and individuals including volunteering, patient central referrals, sponsorship referrals, potential high-level donors, etc.
- Complete and maintain Partnership Agreement with PurpleStride Chair.
- Access to a computer and the internet as well as proficient computer skills.
- Respond to inquiries within two business days.
- All volunteer positions are expected to regularly communicate with their staff partner and/or local volunteer leader, think holistically about referrals (patient, volunteer, donor, etc.) and demonstrate a commitment to the PanCAN mission.
- Strong leader, communicator and motivator
- A friendly, positive, solution-oriented, professional demeanor
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of community
- Strong time management
- Conflict management and resolution
- Commitment to Pancreatic Cancer Action Network’s mission
- Team & Individual Development Chair Guidebook and access to resources via online platform
- Webinars throughout the year
- Inside Track e-newsletter
- National Leadership Training - in person training over 3 days
- PurpleStride Chair
- PurpleStride Planning Committee Chairs
- Sponsorship & Flagship Chair
- Logistics Chair
- Media Chair
- Event Experience Chair
- Event Day Volunteer Chair
About PANCREATIC CANCER ACTION NETWORK LAS VEGAS
1500 ROSECRANS AVE STE 200, MANHATTAN BCH, CA 90266, US
The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network is a nationwide network of people dedicated to working together to advance research, support patients and create hope for those affected by pancreatic cancer. Founded in 1999, the non-profit Pancreatic Cancer Action Network's national office is in Manhattan Beach, California, with offices in Washington, D.C. and New York City, and volunteer leadership in more than 90 communities around the country.
Pancreatic Cancer Action Network is a national organization creating hope in a comprehensive way through research, patient support, community outreach and advocacy for a cure. At the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network, our community network is the driving force behind progress. Join thousands of volunteers, survivors, healthcare professionals, researchers and donors who are making a difference in the pancreatic cancer community. Get involved today!